Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Album of the Week #43 - Death - The Sound of Perseverance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Video is no longer available there !

Great album all the way through, the first Death album I fully listened to. I then went on to the rest and never looked back ! Chucks version of Painkiller is top notch too, I even prefer it over the original !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Great to see Death with an album of the week. Really is a fantastic album, track for track it's the best Death album there is*. Also a great change of pace towards the progressive aspect instead of creating another death metal album.

Some really powerfull songs on it such as 'to forgive is to suffer'. 'scavanger of human sorrow' and 'story to tell'. Add to them a brilliant cover of Judas Priests' 'Painkiller' (better than the original*) and a melodic instumental, 'voice of the soul' and you've got the making of a brilliant ablum.

Great album of progressive metal and really solidified my appreciation of Death. Too bad there was never a chance for another but what a note to end on. A real must have for all.

Karl's video is not available so enjoy Spirit Crusher.

* My opinion of the album and may not reflect other peoples opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Took me a long time to get into this, but what an album. Scavenger Of Human Sorrow is an absolute cracker of an opener too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Ah yes I absolutely love this album. When I bought it a few years ago there was a DVD with it, I love Chucks guitaring skillz.

Advertisement