Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

That's not a knife mate,this is a knife!

• 25-07-2008 5:25pm

Just what the world needed..and a bargain at only $379.95 + shipping and handling

UK : The Knife That Explodes Its Victims Organ's

The WASP knife is more lethal than any other. Created for hunting dangerous animals, it kills on impact by injecting a frozen ball of compressed gas into the body of the prey, exploding the organs of the animal. Available to buy online, the British police is worried about the implications the weapon could have if it falls into the wrong hands.

As you can see in the video, which was published by its manufacturers, the WASP knife injects a frozen ball of compressed gas into the body, which, once released, swells to the size of a basketball. The UK's West Midlands Metropolitan Police has already received instructions to prevent the circulation of the knife. A difficult task, seeing as it can be bought online. If anything, the announcement of these measures has probably fuelled the weapon's popularity even more.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Never heard about it, will have to get one now.
    Thanks for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ah, I see you've played Knifey-Spoony before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

It meant to be "used for diving only" to fights off sharks and the like, then the pressurised air causes there body to quickly ascend to the surface before the water fills with blood and attacks other sharks .....

Also I can say is WTF and I hope one of these is NEVER used on a living person or animal.

Edit:

As divers, we all know what the effects of compressed gas are underwater. Our training teaches us that our lungs would burst from over-inflation if we held our breath and rose to the surface. This principle is key to the effectiveness of the WASP Injection System.

This weapon injects a freezing cold ball of compressed gas, approximately the size of a basketball, at 800psi nearly instantly. The effects of this injection will drop many of the world's largest land predators. The effects of the compressed gas not only cause over-inflation during ascent when used underwater, but also freezes all tissues and organs surrounding the point of injection on land or at sea. When used underwater, the injected gas carries the predator to the surface BEFORE blood is released into the water. Thus giving the diver added protection by diverting other potential predators to the surface.

http://www.waspknife.com/about.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

(still waiting for the post on how popular this will be in limerick ) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

So wait, wouldn't that be like insta-death or very quick death if a person was stabbed? That's shocking :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

This is going to be popular in Limerick!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

this will be soooo popular in limerick... I hear there will be a WaspKnife Boutique.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Is it going to be opening beside the SuperMac's?
    this will be soooo popular in limerick... I hear there will be a WaspKnife Boutique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Clare_Guy

ah man, ye can't beat stan!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Is it going to be opening beside the SuperMac's?
    Yep, free knife with every kiddies meal for the first 1,000,000 customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

OK, so pass a law that anyone found in possession of one must demonstrate their safety on their own body:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

That'd be great for carving up the christmas turkey.

"Hold out your plates kids........"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

i need one of these for my rape kit, useful for taking down the fatties.

*takes out credit card*

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Pity they don't show some lumpkin tackling a polar bear with one of these in the video.
    Right, Poley, just ack up a little, expose your soft underbelly and I'll pop this baby in...

First time I've seen a weapon marketed exclusively at those wishing to gut White Anglo-Saxon Protestants, I must say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

snyper wrote: »

*takes out credit card*

When the vagina won't do, the intestines give a unique, sensual feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Jaysus now we can all get these, bring them to the next proper Beers and see what whacky **** we get up to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Gimmick, the scare mongering mediatards are going to latch onto this in a big way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Ironic that this knife has received even more publicity now as a result of this thread isn't it?

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Ironic that this knife has received even more publicity now as a result of this thread isn't it?

Yup, all the kiddies will want one in a colour that suits their iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

wow, thats the dumbest invention ive ever seen thats going to fall into the hands of civilians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

That **** would hurt..Obviously

Overheal wrote: »
    wow, thats the dumbest invention ive ever seen thats going to fall into the hands of civilians.

You've obviously never wandered into the home shopping networks section. :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Overheal wrote: »

The technology isn't a bad idea if you're a diver in shark areas. I can also see the merit in places like National Parks in the US, where under current laws you can't have a firearm, which makes it you and your knife against whatever furry critters with big claws decide to take umbrage at your straying into their personal space. Like absolutely any other tool available to private citizens, they can be used for good or ill.

NTM

Theres always that knife 4x .22 derringer jobby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

The technology isn't a bad idea if you're a diver in shark areas. I can also see the merit in places like National Parks in the US, where under current laws you can't have a firearm, which makes it you and your knife against whatever furry critters with big claws decide to take umbrage at your straying into their personal space. Like absolutely any other tool available to private citizens, they can be used for good or ill.

NTM

surely in a national park the object will be to defend yourself from the animal, not completely obliterate it?

You won't obliterate a grizzy with it, you might just pi55 it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

kowloon wrote: »
    You've obviously never wandered into the home shopping networks section. :pac:

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H4upqI12Vo

chem wrote: »

Brilliant :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

FunkZ wrote: »
    Jaysus now we can all get these, bring them to the next proper Beers and see what whacky **** we get up to!

No-one need ever suffer a flat pint again with one of these babies ! Of course it might freeze the pint but went it thaws out it'll still be nice and gassy.

I think the PI & BGRH mods already have these....very effective against pigs apparently !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

surely in a national park the object will be to defend yourself from the animal, not completely obliterate it?

But its America. If something looks at you funny you kill it. In as spectacular a way as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ah.

fair deuce, so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

snyper wrote: »

*takes out credit card*

another orifice for teh snyper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Snuff video in the making i'm sure. Scary stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

ooooh! melons beware!!!
    anybody ever hear of a chainsaw?

Advertisement