Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nuvi 670

• 25-07-2008 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

I recently purchased the above sat nav and love it. I got it about 2 months ago. I'm heading off on a road trip to the states next week and was wondering do I need an update of the maps?

It already has full coverage of N.America installed on it, but I wonder would I need to update it or would I be safe enough?

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,483 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You'll probably be ok but to be 100% sure go here, enter your serial number and see what they say...

https://my.garmin.com/maps/updates.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 wallyworld

I got my Nuvi 670 in Oct. 2007 and got the 2008 North American map update a few months later.

Afterwards, we took the GPS to the US and it worked like a charm. I can't see that you'll have any real problems (bar the mistakes that are inherent in mapping software).

It actually is loads more useful in the US than here because the Nuvi 670 will give you real time traffic/construction advisories (amazing how useful this can be). Unfortunately, we do not have the infrastructure here yet for this.:confused:

Advertisement