Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's happening tonight in Galway?

Options
  • 25-07-2008 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭

My cousin and his girlfriend are up for the night and looking to head out on the beer of course, so what's happening and where?

I know there is a Bluegrass band playing in O'Connor's, Salthill but it mightn't be to their taste. Any gigs in any of the late bars would probably be best.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Ash and the Dandy Warhols in the Big Top. See ya there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭coillcam

kraggy wrote: »

Been in 4 times in the last 2 weeks already but you never know.
    Zzippy wrote: »
    Ash and the Dandy Warhols in the Big Top. See ya there!

So tempting, hopefully not sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Just head into town with the Arts Festival drawing to close and Race Week starting there should be a good atmosphere around town.Salthill if im honest is pretty much long gone as a place for entertainment.

Cheers anyways guys.

Hit o'Connors first anyways. Serious band playing. Was only iirc 1 bluegrass song, a lot of clapton-esque material, some folk and even a little measure of oh brother where art thou thrown in. The funniest bit was the lead guitarist's amphetaminesed molar grinding, he looked in serious need of a pack of wrigleys. Although to be fair he had some competition with some mad hens from Carlow came over and pulled away my cousin to start bumping and grinding, this was because they got no change from the Cello player methinks. As that started to wind down my cousins girlfriend who you'd consider an English prude because of her accent and demeanor, (Trust me she's not, I know her very well, it's what others have said to me.) had disappeared. Uh-oh..... Well not really. She came running back with a piece of paper and casually pressed it in one of the girl's hand's. It had her email on it to get the pics later of course. She couldn't stop splitting her ass laughing, fair play to her. For a so called tourist pub it really has plenty to offer to everyone. I really question myself as to why I wasn't there more during my college years. Probably a different atmosphere during the college semesters too.

Onwards to the Roisin Dubh which was wedged, so we skulled a quick pint and left it for Massimo's which was much better craic and finished off the night by bumping into another cousin who we hadn't seen for ages, something like this always happens in Galway. Of course the night couldn't be finished without the obligatory 3 in 1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

coillcam wrote: »
    Of course the night couldn't be finished without the obligatory 3 in 1.

Can't beat an ould threesome. Two of the Carlow girls was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

That wouldn't be a threesome mate, that'd be a foursome, 3 in 1... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭turf

DEmeant0r wrote: »
    That wouldn't be a threesome mate, that'd be a foursome, 3 in 1... :D

see what you did there :rolleyes: nice.

mikom wrote: »
    Can't beat an ould threesome. Two of the Carlow girls was it?

Yep, I was the curry to their rice and chips

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

turf wrote: »
    see what you did there :rolleyes: nice.

Thanks, I am classy... :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement