Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question about turning off wi-fi on eircom modem

Options
  • 25-07-2008 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

i'm ordering braodand from eircom but don't want the wi-fi modem they provide

I'm not convinced wi-fi is safe from a health point of view (ts banned in swedish schools for example) its not something I want to have to worry about and have no need of wi-fi anyway

however if it turns out the wi-fi router gives a better speed than the eircom pocket (non wi-fi) modem, I may get the wi-fi modem and see if the wi-fi element can be switched off

is this possible ? is there a "turn off wifi" switch ? if you connect it to the computer by wire is it sending out the wi-fi signals regardless ? can I do anything to be sure that its not sending out these signals ?

I tried asking eircom on the phone but have no confidence that they know what they are talking about

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Superhands wrote: »
    i'm ordering braodand from eircom but don't want the wi-fi modem they provide

I'm not convinced wi-fi is safe from a health point of view (ts banned in swedish schools for example) its not something I want to have to worry about and have no need of wi-fi anyway

however if it turns out the wi-fi router gives a better speed than the eircom pocket (non wi-fi) modem, I may get the wi-fi modem and see if the wi-fi element can be switched off

is this possible ? is there a "turn off wifi" switch ? if you connect it to the computer by wire is it sending out the wi-fi signals regardless ? can I do anything to be sure that its not sending out these signals ?

I tried asking eircom on the phone but have no confidence that they know what they are talking about
    Yes you can turn off wifi in the settings page of the router.

Advertisement