Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just bought new board!

Options
  • 25-07-2008 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hello!!
    i just bought board,suit,wax.fins,leash,booties,bag in tubes €520 the lot great price well happy:D.. just with d wax i got 2 types i put the red on first is it and then the purple??if im goin surfin 2moro should i wax it tonight or in the morning?? cant wait:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Congrats ! Enjoy it, thats the big purchase over now. All the smaller ones start now, new fins, new leash .... :D

What make of wax do you have ? I'm guessing Zogs by the colours ?

Basecoat first, then main coat.

Theres a good video around somewhere from Mr. Zogs about waxing that I cant find the link for ATM and plenty of threads here (IIRC) about the correct way to wax so have a search for those too.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭elainee

yup zogs is what i have should i let the basecoat dry before i put on the purple coat? dont think there is any waves this morning but i dont care goin to throw it in the water anyways!!:D thanks

Wax doesn't really "dry" as such it should always keep a tacky feel to it.

Dont forget to add a little more wax or stir it up with a comb if needed before each surf.

Wont do any harm to go out today. Since its a new board its going to take a little while to adjust to positioning, paddling it and if you get any waves your pop-up and finding the "sweet spot".

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭elainee

went out last saturday on the new board oh my god it was so much harder than when i was practicing on the form boards!!:eek: trying to balance the board and get my position was so hard the waves werent great but stil caught 1 or 2 waves. Good fun though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

I know the feeling...
    I have my first board a few weeks now and am getting the hang of it allright,
    it was was v difficult to balance the first couple of days.

Keep at it and you'll get used to it in no time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

That brings a suggestion - if I am pretty lame, shall I get foam board?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

ThOnda wrote: »

Just hire one out for a couple of times and then buy a board when tou get the hang of it. I learned on a 6ft4 but it was nice and chunky and buoyant (took an age before I got standing But I did eventually)

ThOnda wrote: »

Not worth the money to be honest. You'll progress too fast on it to be any use to you.

As Macanri said rent one for a while if your're not at the stage where you want to go buying one. Most palces are very reasonable on rental prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

That's what I do now. Traveling light, with speedos and towel. And purse, of course.
    However the more I am trying, the smaller and more agile the foam board feels. Well, I am most of the time in white water...

We'll see after winter, if it is worth for me to get my own board. Thank you for stopping me from buying it now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

If you are getting your own one don't buy a foam board, there is no point whatsoever

• Advertisement
Advertisement