Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy?

Options
  • 25-07-2008 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

I'm looking at building a new machine. Been reading around this forum but still not sure where to buy.
    I'm liking the prices on Hardwareversand but the customer service doen't sound too hot and not accepting credit cards is a pain.
    Anyone with any advice? Shopped with Komplett a good bit in the past but there is a big differnece in the prices. Any other suggestions? Have many had good experiances with Hardwareversand?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Maybe have a look at ankermann.
    Ok they build it for you but you do get to pick everything yourself.

And if you want to take it apart and put it back together again that is entirely at your own discretion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

If you want a pc built, you have 2 choices when it comes to value.

www.komplett.ie
    or
    www.hardwareversand.de

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Thats not bad at all actually !

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Maybe have a look at ankermann.
    Anti wrote: »
    If you want a pc built, you have 2 choices when it comes to value.

www.komplett.ie
    or
    www.hardwareversand.de
    Sqaull20 wrote: »
    You can include Ankermann too, if your looking pre built.
    Thats not bad at all actually !
    :mad:

*ahem*

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭dkane

Thanks for the replies.
    This machine throws a spanner in the works. I had all my components picked out but this out specs it all and for only a few bob more.
    Have people bought from ankermann? Any comments on the experiance?

Sorry bollocko, didnt see yoru post at all mate, thanks now given :)

@OP. Ive only ever bought from Komplett as i dont like the idea of only being able to pay by bank transfer with hardwareversand. But lots of people here buy form it quite often and the positive reviews outweigh the negative ones i find.

Same goes for ankerman, it was very popular a year ago, but not so much now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Indeed. I find Komplett better as the payment option seems less scary :)

Plus, When you stick with the same company it pays off. Been buying off em for 4 years or so and my purchase history is very long, and I feel you get better support because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Ive only ever bought from Komplett as i dont like the idea of only being able to pay by bank transfer with hardwareversand.

I'm the exact same. I want to buy with the ease of a credit card and recieve the products in good time.

Would I be correct in saying you have to wait up to 2 weeks for German sites to deliver?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

A friend of mine recently bought from Ankermann and he is having problems with his pc.The emails he got from them where in very poor english and where no help to him.
    After two months of mails he now has to send it back to germany and pay shipping.He will get refunded for the costs but it seems to be alot of hassle imo.
    I know that Komplett is based in Amsterdam but with all the dealings i've had with them i'd prefer to use them over Ankermann.

• Advertisement
Advertisement