Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pinky - Debut Album Song Previews

Options
  • 25-07-2008 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

How Do,

First time I've posted here. Most of you probably don't know who I am but I played around the country for the previous two years. Been off the gigging scene now since last October.

I've played support to such acts as:

Lightspeed Champion, Herman Dune, Regina Spektor, Of Montreal, Simple Kid, Loney Dear, David Kitt, Joan As Policewoman, Jamie-T, Richard Swift, Micah P. Hinson, Ralfe Band, The Jimmy Cake, M. Ward and Jim Noir.

I've toured with Headgear, Camera obscura and Peter, Bjorn and John.

I've Played at the unmentionable festival, Electric Picnic, Myspace Festival, HWCH, Spiegeltent and CMJ in New York.

I like long walks, bubble baths and cuddling.

Anyway, enough about me...no, wait there's more...

I've stuck up some new recordings of songs we did in the album session in Electrical Audio. None of the songs are mastered yet and there are a couple of tweaks here and there to be done but I thought I"d stick em up so you could get a listen before the album is released.

I"m gonna rotate the songs on an as yet undecided basis (weekly, biweekly, triweekly even??) and include songs that didn"t make the final cut. Watch out for them...

The songs up now are There You Stand, This Is How We Play and Home.

Let me know what you think!!

http://www.myspace.com/pinkymusic

cheers,
    Pinky.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

If anyone is interested, we are playing support to The War On Drugs in Crawdaddy on the 17th August. First gig we've played in over nine months so it's gonna be a goodie.

Come along!

Stuck three new songs up there on my page

1 - Senectitude Becomes Her
    2 - That Mamma
    3 - A Very Pressing Question

Have a listen and let me know what you think...

So, if anyone is about Whelans tonight, we'll be playing a late show, about 12:30, then again at 2:00. come down!

It's a kind of warm up show for our Electric Picnic gig.

We're playing the Picnic on Friday at 5:30 in The Little Big Tent (was the Foggy Notions Tent last year). Hope some of you (any?) can make it down. I'm really looking forward to it...

Side 1 of the album is up now. Still unmastered, but you get a feel for it I suppose...

Side two now up. It's to be mastered (in abbey road no less!) at the start of November, so they won't be up for long and this is the last time I'll be putting up these unmastered recordings... erm... obviously.

So have a listen, say you heard them first!

cheers,
    Pinky.

http:www.myspace.com/pinkymusic

• Advertisement

Supporting The Walkmen in The Button Factory on November 2nd. Gonna be a great gig. Really excited about getting this support. If you're going to the gig, come down early and have a listen to us live.

Cheers,
    Pinky.

So, mastering got delayed, but off to do it on the 11th December. So I've taken down all the songs that'll be on the album and stuck up the two songs that didn't make the cut. Ah, they'll probably be B-sides!

So the next time you hear any of the songs it'll be next year when the album is released! Ahem, apart from these two new songs I stuck up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

This band effin' kick it live.

Advertisement