Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to become a professional seller on eBay

Options
  • 25-07-2008 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I have decided that I would like to work at home and would love to become a professional seller on eBay. There are sellers on it that seem to do it as a full time job, they have sold so much stock.

I am wondering if anyone can give me any advice. My feedback as a buyer is 100% but I have bought a total of 9 things...

What is the story regarding being tax etc?

I also don't know what I would like to sell. When Kate Moss's first fashion line for Topshop came out, people bought the clothes and sold them on eBay for 3 times the price. I should have done this, only I had no money to!!!

Any advice is welcome.

BPE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

the first thing that popped into my head when i read this post is that you probably dont have a huge amount of experience selling on Ebay. You might be better easing yourself into it and trying to build up your online shop.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

It is so hard to make decent money on eBay. Things don't really sell for a true market value. Some things sell for way too much, and the majority of stuff for way to little. Then you have got eBay fees and PayPal fees, not mentioning their crazy exchange rates. If you can find a product that is very hard to find offline, that might sell for a good price. For example, in the US, a few people sold the new iPhone 3G's for about $3,000! Thats just madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭noel123ie

Hi there

I sell alot on ebay pm if you want to chat

Hope this helps
    Noel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭arctictree

EI-DAV wrote: »
    It is so hard to make decent money on eBay. Things don't really sell for a true market value. Some things sell for way too much, and the majority of stuff for way to little. Then you have got eBay fees and PayPal fees, not mentioning their crazy exchange rates. If you can find a product that is very hard to find offline, that might sell for a good price. For example, in the US, a few people sold the new iPhone 3G's for about $3,000! Thats just madness.

Agreed. Try and sell a few things first and see how that goes first...

Advertisement