Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner board?

Options
  • 25-07-2008 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hey,
    I'm looking to take up surfing soon and I'm completly clueless as to what size (or type) to buy.
    Just to let you know i'm approx 5'7" and between 12.5 & 13 stone. I'm a complete beginner never surfed before (bar 2 lessons about 5 years ago).
    I've bin looking at mini mals on kingofwatersports.com but don't know what lenght to go for or even if this type of board would suit my ability. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Maybe do one or two lessons (but no more) on a bigger foam board with a surf school just to get you back into the swing of things, if you can convince a friend to come then great

For buying a board, anything over 7'6" should do you

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭elainee

iv had two lessons and just bought board today i got mini mal 7'8' board im like 5'8 10 stone if u go into any surf shop they will sort u out with all the info. thats ur best bet:p

Advertisement