Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to leave between piercings?

Options
  • 25-07-2008 9:53pm
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a quick question. I got my upper conch pierced last weekend, and would like to get a lower conch piercing this weekend. The upper one is healing up well. Have had no problems so far, and it looks great. I was hoping to get the lower conch done this weekend (I thought attempting two in one day might be a bit much), and my question is, is it too soon to get another one, or should it be ok?

Oh and just FYI this is a pic of the upper and lower conch piercings (the two rings in the middle of the ear), only my upper one is slightly higher due to the shape of my ear, and the lower piercing would be a good bit lower down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

My advice would be to leave it ~6 months.

You ideally want the area fully healed. About five years ago I got a pixie done (It's kinda like a scaffold, but it's 'behind' the ear.) about 5 or 6 weeks later the pixie was healing really well, so I decided to get a cartilage (So it passed over the helix). Sure enough, the new piercing got infected and it happily traveled to my lovely pixie.

Wait until a piercing is fully healed before getting a new one. It only gives you twice as much area to get infected.

Also, with getting the piercings so close together it's likely to aggravate the piercing more.

If you go to a reputable piercer, they will be more than happy to offer you good advice on it.

Advertisement