Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card application goes missing?

Options
  • 25-07-2008 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

I rang AIB credit card services on the 1st of July to check the status of a credit card that I had ordered two weeks before, after giving my details I was told that the application was on file but it had not been reviewed and should be looked at soon and if approved should be sent out that week. The lady apologised for the delay, blaming a backlog of applications.

I have still not received my credit card, so I rang them back today and was told by a different lady (Linda) that I had no application on file. I explained that I had previously rang them and was told that it was on file. She snubbed me off and was quite rude telling me "What do you expect me to do about it, there's nothing on my screen".

So, either the first lady made an error (or was lying for some reason?) or the second lady Linda made an error or AIB lost my application sometime between July 1st and today.

Two questions, could anybody allude to what might have happened here? Second, should I make a written complaint about this, I'm a bit peeved off, particularly with the way the second lady snubbed me off after I explained the situation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Clearly someone fcuked up somewhere.

Send in another application (or do one over the phone / online). Complain about the procedures you had to follow afterwards, complaining now isn't going to benefit you much imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

I should also have mentioned that I ordered the credit card through online banking. A credit card isn't much use to me now as I only wanted it for my trip to the U.S., I'm in the U.S. at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

did you ring people in the same department. i.e phone banking. some people may not have access to information others may have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

I rang the credit card department both times (01 6685500)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'd make a complaint to AIB's customer care department. I know sometimes errors happen and files get lost. Human error was most likely a factor here, and unfortunately there's not a lot you can do about that. Generally credit card applications take a bit longer coming up to the summer months as there's a massive influx of applications from people such as yourself going on holidays. It's entirely possible that your application just got lost in the ether somewhere up in AIB's credit card centre. If they were courteous and apologetic about it, I would have just resubmitted the application and left it at that. However I think you should definitely complain about the service you received by the person you dealt with the second time you rang.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

First thing to do, is to call them back. You may have just got an agent who was clueless.

When you call back, and if the next agent can't help you, then speak to a supervisor there.

If that fails, which I doubt, then consider going to the main AIB customer care team. It's a little soon to be jumping quite that far ahead just because you got an agent who probably can't type you name correctly, or something equally as dumb on their part.

Advertisement