Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thought I'd get your opinion... :)

• 25-07-2008 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭

Hiya's,
    I would like to share some of the material I am currently working on. Its few basis for future tracks electronic in nature. I dont have much time to work on this lately so I thought I might find some feedback here in the meantime. Very little sampling goes on here, its 95% original sounds.

Most of all, enjoy!

If you dream it

Robot Squeeze

Confused Bongo

Neee Naaw

These are basically just sandbox tracks that will eventually be turned into full ones :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Toiletroll

Mods - could you move this to the production forum please :) So many forums are blinding :P

There are no virus's in the files!! :P

I just want some feedback :)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I downloaded the first file but it is a .rar and I can't open as I use a Mac and it won't open it.

I would suggest maybe sticking the tracks up on youtube or something, it's easier for people to have a listen. People tend to be lazy about downloading, unzipping and then playing the track... well I am anyway! A youtube link will allow an easy way to hear the tunes.

Oh and maybe comment on the style of music that you are producing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Felixdhc wrote: »
    I downloaded the first file but it is a .rar and I can't open as I use a Mac and it won't open it.

Hey Felixdhc are you familar with this unrar program for Mac?
    It might do what you are describing

http://www.unrarx.com/

Hey Felixdhc are you familar with this unrar program for Mac?
    It might do what you are describing

http://www.unrarx.com/

Cheers, I am so lazy when it comes to looking for software!

That did the job, thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭NotInventedHere

You can also stuffit expander

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Cheers, I am so lazy when it comes to looking for software!

That did the job, thanks again.

Great, how were they? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

they're sounding great...
    particularily like if you dream it and confused bongo. bit of an afx/autechre sounding off the dream one which is excellent.

good solid beat off the nee naw, a nice dirty melody influenced by vitalic would be good on that :p

if you dream it is well produced. the drum kit is nice.

most of them seem close to finished barr the nee naw and some mastering to clean the beats out?

what software are you using to produce on? how long have you been producing?

kudos

red dave wrote: »
    they're sounding great...
    particularily like if you dream it and confused bongo. bit of an afx/autechre sounding off the dream one which is excellent.

good solid beat off the nee naw, a nice dirty melody influenced by vitalic would be good on that :p

if you dream it is well produced. the drum kit is nice.

most of them seem close to finished barr the nee naw and some mastering to clean the beats out?

what software are you using to produce on? how long have you been producing?

kudos

Thank you for the kind words :)

I have been producing on and off for a couple of years. I have been getting more into it lately and I feel the love for it coming back after a long stint without creating anything. For some reason I just had an urge to do it again.

I use Propellerheads Reason 4 for production with Adobe Audition for any wave editing.

I am currently working on something which I am very happy with so far. I will post it on here either later tonight or tomorrow :)

Only really had a proper listen to 'If You Dream It' - very good track, reminds me of something from the likes of Xela or other artists on the Type label. Be great to hear more like this, well done :)

• Advertisement

For those of you who liked how this track sounded at its much earlier state, this is a full version now with the vocals applied :)

I would appreciate your opinion on this track. Its electronic / chillout nice easy listening track created by me using Reason 4. An original production :)

Enjoy

Steven Hone - If you dream it (First Full Length)

Thanks!

Advertisement