Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound Muzzles?

Options
  • 25-07-2008 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get the racing muzzles for my Greyhound? I'd prefer those to the heavy plastic ones(of which I already have one). I have the opportunity to let her out to socialize, but I would prefer to play it safe since sometimes the other pups are small and furry. She's never hunted or raced.

WYK

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

Maybe you should just give her a chance, let her play but make sure you supervise, if she's never been trained to eat furries then who says she will, how old is she? There shouldn't be a problem if she's been socialized with them all along?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Google is your friend: http://www.greyhoundandwhippetshop.co.uk/muzzles.htm

But mostly animals understand the difference between a prey animal and someone they're not supposed to eat. And most greyhounds are darling old softies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭wyk

I know Greyhounds too well. I'll play this one on the safe side first since one mistake may mean a dead dog. Thanks for the help.
    I live in Ireland(along with most of you), so I would prefer a local Irish place I could purchase these at if possible.

WYK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby Soho

If you live near any of the tracks, there's usually someone selling stuff from a van at most race meets, coats and muzzles etc, you're not likely to find them in regular pet shops, I would agree, google is your friend here! They usually have them fairly reasonably priced on ebay too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭wyk

In the car park, like? I'll try Shelbourne tonight. I've a smallish grey, so seeing the muzzle in person would be nice for a good fit.

Wes

Ruby Soho wrote: »
    If you live near any of the tracks, there's usually someone selling stuff from a van at most race meets, coats and muzzles etc, you're not likely to find them in regular pet shops, I would agree, google is your friend here! They usually have them fairly reasonably priced on ebay too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement