Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Xbox Games!!

• 26-07-2008 12:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭

Hi i picked up the old xbox today and was just wondering what good games i should pick up off ebay for it??

Thanks.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

HALO 2 MOFO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

forget halo, unless its for online gaming its so boring. heres the few ive enjoyed so far(must play some more xbox1)

Half Life 2, slightly ropey port but the games quality shines through
    Conker Live and reloaded, prob a slightly strange choice but i really enjoyed playing through this.
    Hitman:Blood Money
    Psychonauts
    Fahrenheit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Beyond Good and Evil
    Psychonauts

HL 2
    KOTOR (if thats your thing)
    Black
    Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
    Burnout 3
    GTA 3,VC and SA
    Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 1 and 2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,800 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Forget Halo it's dated badly and don't bother with Halo 2 it's just crap.

Other than what has already been mentioned get yourself Panzer Dragoon Orta, Ninja Gaiden Black and Outrun 2006 coast 2 coast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Doom 3 its great plus you get the original Doom as well on the same disc

• Advertisement

forgot orta, its on my "to come back to" list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭collie1

splinter cell chaos theory
    pro evo 5(if u like footie)
    one game every xbox owner should have in their library of games is Ninja Gaiden Black. dont be put off by the difficulty.once you get to grips with it, you'll be treated to some of the best action in any game.

Also, give any of the Halo's the cold shoulder. Way too overreated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

prince of persia series
    XIII
    project snowblind
    chronicles of riddick
    splinter cell series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Other than what has already been mentioned get yourself Panzer Dragoon Orta, Ninja Gaiden Black and Outrun 2006 coast 2 coast.

i bought Panzer Dragoon Orta on your many recommendations over the years but I just don't feel the love, can u win me over to this game ??What is it that makes u love this game so much ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Jet Set Radio Future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Star wars Battlefront 1 and 2
    Forza Motorsport
    Rallisport challenge 2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,800 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

vasch_ro wrote: »
    i bought Panzer Dragoon Orta on your many recommendations over the years but I just don't feel the love, can u win me over to this game ??What is it that makes u love this game so much ?

As long as you don't play on easy it's a wonderful game to play and actually provies a challenge. It looks gorgeous and the attention to detail in the setting and and characters is phenomenal. IT has probably the best soundtrack ever composed for a video game. The voice acting despite being in a made up language is wonderful. If you have played Panzer Dragoon Saga it provides a wonderful closure to it's storyline.

Vyse wrote: »
    Jet Set Radio Future.

really sucks compared to the original though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    really sucks compared to the original though :(

Don't agree. Finished both and would say that they are very much on par i.e. excellent. Would even go as far to say the soundtrack in the second is far better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
    Breakdown

Advertisement