Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duck Names

Options
  • 26-07-2008 2:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭

I have two six week old pet ducks, they are so cute but I can't think of any names! I was thinking maybe Daffy and Maisy but can't make up my mind! Any suggestions, bearing in mind that they will soon be completly white? The yellow fluffy stage soon wears off :(:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Broken-Glass

Sorry i know this is off topic but im moving too longford soon and am actually thinking of purchasin or adopting a duck

Do you have any numbers or refrences too where you got yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭animalcrazy

Hi don't mind it being off topic it's fine..ducks seem to be hard to come by these days..it took awhile for me to get mine..got them in Galway off a breeder advertised in the paper..my uncle gave me his number I can pass it on to you if you like? You have to tell him what you are looking for, he usually only has ducklings..brown or white ducks..I chose two whites one.. he travels around Galway on a tuesday I think..not too sure you'll have to ask him..they cost me four euro each..I'm smitten with mine there gorgeus..be warned though they are very messing and will dig up your garden.

They aren't very expensive to keep..well it will cost you a bit to build an enclosure and get a house for them but a big sack of chick crumb is only round ten euro and is keeping us going for ages. You'll also need to buy a bale of hay though as they are sooo messy and need cleaning out everyday..Ok I could go on for ages but anyway, if you have anymore questions PM me because you are messing up my topic! :mad:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭thats_life

Sorry i know this is off topic but im moving too longford soon and am actually thinking of purchasin or adopting a duck

Do you have any numbers or refrences too where you got yours?

Great spot Longford. Call out to lanesboro for a pint, mad town of a Sunday.

As for the Duck names.....
    1- Tighty (tight as ducks arse under water)
    2- Quackers..

tighty and quackers...sounds good no?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I have some call/mallard crossbreeds Im looking to offer to good homes, I can't let them loose anymore since a fox attack and need to reduce numbers to make the pen sustainable for them.
    Anyone interested pm me and I can give you pics. I would suggest if you want one to get another duck from someone else so you don't inbreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 kazzpop

names for your ducks

how about

daisy
    doris

pebbles
    Shadow

• Advertisement

I'm so picky..they have had a million different names and I can't stick to any!.. my mam says we should call them amelia and abigail..after the geese in that disney film aristocats! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 kazzpop

its hard with animals you want to pick something that makes them stand our from the rest of the gang!

Exactly.. I always want names that not everyone has for their pets..like my dog is Heidi..my cat's are Roxy and Kitten, it just kinda stuck!..My rabbits are Alfie and Thumper..Thumper is common but my bro named him! :rolleyes:

Advertisement