Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Offie hours

• 26-07-2008 2:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

I'm surprised there isn't already a thread on this, and I'm now wondering if I'm correct... but... earlier closing hours for off-licenses are go from next Wednesday apparently. I've just been informed in work. If no one else has heard about it then maybe it's just in my place, but I work for a "open til midnight on Christmas Eve" kinda place so I doubt it's just us.

Any opinions?

If this belongs elsewhere then just delete it, this is the only alcohol-related forum I know :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

It's fine here :)

I haven't heard anything about this yet. Maybe someone can fill us in on the details?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I'm surprised there isn't already a thread on this
    Bizarre, isn't it?

Commencement of the new act is indeed on Wednesday, except for the new Garda search provision and the bit about separating drink from other products in mixed use shops.

To be honest I don't think the earlier closing times will have much of an impact. People will just go to the offy earlier and probably buy more while they are there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

no impact at all I would imagine. The cynic in me thinks this is a measure to increase publicans profits. Wouldn't be the first time the government has pandered to this groups demands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭lmtduffy

This is all Fiana Fails fault,,

stop voting for them,

or if you dont vote start voting.

We need breakfast beers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement