Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female Nipple Piercing

Options
  • 26-07-2008 3:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi guys.
    I really wanna get my nipple pierced. Since Forever. Just about worked up the courage.
    But I wanna make sure that I get it done right in the best place possible.
    I have lots of piercings, lobes, caritilge, tragus, nose, lip, tongue. But none as personal and intimate as this.
    My best mate has his done. But he's a guy. Pfft!
    So if any ladies out there have theirs done, I'd really appreciate your thoughts or recogmendations or experiences.
    Thanks All.
    :)
    Ali

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i'd have to ask how old you are... i was, i think, 18 when i got mine done, and it took a good bit to heal up (never did, as it ended), as, a few months later, was talking to steve in snakebite, and he informed me that odds were that my nipples were still developing and ****, and that would be why it was taking so long to heal up, and that the longer the ring was in there, the more damage it was doing to my body.

i took it out, and intend getting it redone this august, now that im 20. worth the wait im reckoning :)

i'd recommend getting it done in snakebite, or in Vpiercings (inkwell). ill be getting mine done in inkwell for sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

My missus got hers done a week after I got mine done.

She said the first one was fine but the second one was agony :D

Make sure you're of an age where you'd be classed as mostly or fully developed as Crumble Froo points out or you could end up having to remove them anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LiveThroughThis

I'm 19.
    Hmmm that is something to think about it. Definitely wouldn't want to do any damage in the long road. Maybe I'll just pop in anyway and mention this and in my head be prepared for them to advise no :(
    I'm so psyched up ready to get it done though! Argh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭rstans

Post a pic and we'll tell you if you're ready for it:D

I'm 19.
    Hmmm that is something to think about it. Definitely wouldn't want to do any damage in the long road. Maybe I'll just pop in anyway and mention this and in my head be prepared for them to advise no :(
    I'm so psyched up ready to get it done though! Argh.

pop in where, i have to ask? i would strongly strongly recommend snakebite, or inkwell. i got mine done in a generally recommended place, and i definitely asked the right questions, but they did it anyway. snakebite are the kind of guys who, even if/when it means they lose money, they'll say no if they dont think you should get the piercing, and i think that is definitely something to respect in such a business.
    rstans wrote: »

might wana watch yourself there, mate...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

rstans wrote: »

Anymore of that and you will receive a week long ban with an extra special infraction to boot. Consider this a warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

c - 13 wrote: »
    My missus got hers done a week after I got mine done.

She said the first one was fine but the second one was agony :D

Agree -I went to Snakebite, and the whole experience was great. My only mistake was getting them done one at a time -I waited a week for the second nipple piercing, and it bloody well hurt more, but I think thats because I sort of knew what was coming, and I was slightly more tense than the first time around ! I suggest getting them both done together, after the first one, you'll be on a high and probably won't feel the pinch of the second one as much!
    Fabulous piercing to have, for me anyway,take a while to heal though. Worth it!

hahaha, gotta love the adrenaline affect for the second piercing! had that for my neck ones :)

Well I walked out of there after the first one, and I was walking on air! Went straight to arnotts and looked at my boob in the loo for 15 mins, couldn't quite believe it! Feeling stayed all day!

i remember this just massive sense of awareness after mine.

admittedly, my first words to the mate i'd went in with weren't until we'd exited stephen's green, and were walking elsewhere and i came out with "holy crap! i bounce when i walk!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Not sure how it applies to girls but I got one done about 3 years ago, got bored after a year and took it out. Nipple looks quite different in size to the other one due to the scar tissue in it.

Doesn't really hurt so much getting it done as it does for the week after if somethng brushes against it, sensitive as hell for the day you get it done

also, apparnetly, quite sensitive if you continue to stretch it...

just advise given to me by a piercer... but the kind of advice that has dwelt in my head long after it was entirely relevant...

time shall tell, i gues...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I got mine done on my 18th birthday @ 2.4mm. Hurt like no other. You do become more aware of your body movements alright, I was on the bus home and could feel every bump. Was agony.
    Piercing guys nipples is totally different to piercing women's. For one the nipples are much larger on a woman. Nipple piercings on guys are generally deeper also because theres not as much nipple there :pac:

Well ok yes it does hurt, but quite frankly my nostril piercing was the worst pain EVER,even a fortnight later it was still sore, after kidney stones......

yep, after septum piercing and throat-gland removal...

nipple piercing was infinitely less bad altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭shortie_chik

Hey
    I'm also female, and got one done (on the spur of the moment in Amsterdam, I just felt like getting something pierced!) in Dec 2006 - I was 24 and have been much the same height & size since I was 14 so I reckon that was most of my growing done :p

Anywho, I got it pierced with a plastic thingy, which I found out later wasn't the best way to do it. I had a giant plaster (2x3 ins) on for a day or two, no bleeding to speak of, and the piercing itself didn't really hurt. Felt like a 2 second long pinch.

Afterwards I was told to keep it clean with antibacterial soap. Didn't have any trouble with it apart from the odd bit of sensitivity now & again. And you learn to be careful whipping off your clothes or leaning on stuff... :P

Kept it in for about 2 years, I can see a little bit of scar tissue on one side, but the other side looks like nothing's changed.

Is Snakebite the place on the top of a building on Abbey St? If so, I think that's a decent place to get a piercing done. The guy there changed my original piercing for a really small barbell, gave me good advice, and was really nice to boot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Is Snakebite the place on the top of a building on Abbey St? If so, I think that's a decent place to get a piercing done. The guy there changed my original piercing for a really small barbell, gave me good advice, and was really nice to boot :D

Sounds like Steve at Snakebite alright :) Good guy to go to

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Paddy from Bodyshock did mine 4 years ago before I went to college. I was 17. Probably not the best idea but he did a good job with mine anyway and it healed really well. I've never had problems with it.

I'm thinking of getting the second one at Snakebite, because the guy (Steve?) up there is sound out and was really nice to me after I chickened out of getting the nape pierced :( and he really knew his sh*t!

Best of luck!

Aspiration wrote: »
    Paddy from Bodyshock did mine 4 years ago before I went to college. I was 17. Probably not the best idea but he did a good job with mine anyway and it healed really well. I've never had problems with it.

I'm thinking of getting the second one at Snakebite, because the guy (Steve?) up there is sound out and was really nice to me after I chickened out of getting the nape pierced :( and he really knew his sh*t!

Best of luck!

haha, that was about my first thought about him. was in getting my mate's nostril done, and was chatting to him at the same time, and was just... 'whoa... dude knows his shít'.

Was that the day you got your nape pierced by him? (If I recall right!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Damo, you talking to me? I chickened out :( ...so I'm going to get my other nipple pierced instead :)

Crumble, he definitely knows his sh*t! Feckin sound out too!

Nah, meant Crumble Froo, she went in with a mate who was getting pierced, and after getting chatting to Steve, ended up getting another piercing herself! :D

Stalk away, you'll never find me!!! <_<
    >_>

*demands that Will keeps schtum about where I live*

yep damo, that was wehn i decided he was gonna do my nape, and he was gonna do it that day :D

and damn, i just realised, i dont know where you live anymore... gah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

Got my two done in Snakebite at the same time. Can't remember which guy it was but incredibly professional and I felt very comfortable. He has that whole "doctor" vibe going on when he's doing it.

Hurt a LOT but only for a second of course. No bleeding really. Only thing to be aware of with female nipple piercings is that you have to keep them super-clean as microscopic fibres from your bra are forever going in there. I had an antiseptic spray and I twisted them and sprayed them every couple of days.

You also have to ensure that they're not coming loose. One of mine just fell out as I hadn't been checking it was tight. Had closed up by that evening and I couldn't put it back in. Didn't bother with it after that. The second one lasted another year but it got irritated and after a couple of weeks it just wasn't improving despite loads of antiseptic washing so I just took it out, and it was fine then.

So there is upkeep involved. It's not like a tattoo where you just forget about it after it's healed. Other piercings aren't as bad but nipple piercings are continually in contact with clothes.

I do have two tiny little scars each side of my nipples, but nobody would notice but me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭ladystrange

Got both mine done at the same time coz I didnt think I'd have the guts to go back, but it wasnt that bad to be honest. Yeah it hurt but only for a second and not that bad. The key thing I think is the after care, totally crucial. They've been done a year now and I've no bother with them at all. I just make sure they're well looked after and use a wee anti-bacterial wash every week or so. Got them done by China at Ring in Ma Thing, Derry, totally professional and a damn good piercer IMHO.

pop in where, i have to ask?

Snakebite. Thanks to all the good reviews! I'll be in Dublin maybe tomorrow or friday so hopefully will have done it soon. Don't think I've ever wanted any other piercing as much as this one. Definitely gonna be my fave :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

A quick question...

Can nipple piercing interfere with Breast Feeding?

Thanks

I don't think it'd be recogmended to keep it in while you're breastfeeding :confused: But getting it done now and then very very far into the future one day, (for me anyway!) taking it out when the time comes shouldn't cause any problems. Hope so from the little bit I've read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

really wanna get this done.....but does it really really hurt??? and continue to hurt for ages after??

And is it true it takes a year to heal???

Cos that'd really put me off...

• Advertisement

Quality wrote: »
    A quick question...

Can nipple piercing interfere with Breast Feeding?

Thanks

if you get it while you're relatively young and your nipply feedy bits are still developing, then yeah, it can, apparently, but i reckon you'll be alright yourself, quality :)
    really wanna get this done.....but does it really really hurt??? and continue to hurt for ages after??

And is it true it takes a year to heal???

Cos that'd really put me off...

nah, doesnt hurt *that* much. not the most pleasant thing ive ever experienced, it's not like a surface piercing, but once the piercing's over and the jewellery's in, it's painfree until you forget it's there and hit/catch it off something :D doesnt take that long to heal either, though i took mine out well before twas healed... haha, getting it done in... *counts* 21 days :D so i can let you know after that ;)

Advertisement