Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Does Golf GT Sport TSI 122bhp have both supercharger and turbocharger?

Options
  • 26-07-2008 6:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I wonder if anyone can help me?

Been looking through thread in forums. Found someone saying Golf 122bhp doesn't have both.Only 140 and 170 have both. Does this only apply to normal Golf?

I just ordered the GT Sport so a bit worried.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

No need to be a bit worried about how the power is produced. If you ordered the 122bhp then thats what you will get.
    As it happens, the 122 version does only have the turbo charger (normal or GT version). Only the 140 and 170 have the supercharger - at an additional cost of approx 4k and 8k respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 wan

Thanks for the reply sandwich,

Looking at the brochures, it seems there are 2 conflicting documentation.

The main brochure (2008 Model Year) mentioned about TSI 122bhp (90kW) does have both Turbocharger with Waste Gate and Additional Mechanical Supercharger. This similar statement also printed for the 140bhp and 170bhp.

Then I have another brochure regarding New TSI Engine (doesn't say what year)- '...this engine is based on original TSI 1.4 engine which combined a supercharger and a turbocharger, the new TSI utilises only a sophisticated turbocharger. The result is an exceptional engine offering an impressive output of 122 bhp.....'It seems that this brochure only concentrate on 122bhp ones only.

Also some statement in the net mentioned that TSI 122bhp doesn't need a turbocharger as they have altered the fuel injection system??!!. If anyone can shed more light on these matter is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Why not ask the dealer you ordered the car from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

its all cool and everything, i was impressed by these engines by myself. But tbh i would be scared of them...

dont think they will give alot of trouble now, but in future, when car gets older, i can see alot of bad stuff happening to those engines.

Think about it they push so much power from 1.4 engine, it means it will be under HUGE preasure during all those years... And they all hooked up on chargers, turbos, elektronics...

I would take a bigger engine, but more simple engine. Becouse lately all new cars got more problems on roads not becouse of mechanical foults but electronics :(.

I still hope your car will be sound m8!

• Advertisement
Advertisement