Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Education Standard Gardai

• 26-07-2008 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello, ure prob all sick of this but i'm just curious of the education standard for the gardai.I know its maths,english,language and 2 passes required. Thing is i don't have the pass in a language. I know there alot people with this problem but just curious if there is any exeptions in some cases to save me repeating a year and waiting to start reqruitment process. I have a Full Level 5 fetac award in Security Studies, a feac level 4 in Door Security Procedures and i have spent the past 18 months working full-time as a Doorman in various pubs/clubs for a company that would give me a good reference. Would this be any use or do I have to just stop being so lazy and get the language. I'm 22 and feel more than ready and qualified to at least get a chance at a interview and apptitude test. Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

Sorry, but ther are no exceptions. You need a pass in two European languages, one of them has to be Irish or English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭The Dude 87

ojewriej wrote: »
    Sorry, but ther are no exceptions. You need a pass in two European languages, one of them has to be Irish or English.

Very true!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Blackwall

Or Irish and English.

Advertisement