Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late bar/Night Club

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭tiptap

I have to say the staff and bouncers seemed very friendly, no complaints at all about them personally,
    Just the layout of the place, the bar upstairs....somethings just not right unfortunately.

Is my blonde friend on boards :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Right, so everyone was crowding the upstairs bar because the downstairs bar was still open?

Given that one of my crowd would rather wait than drink bottles, I find it highly unlikely that he'd hang around downstairs trying to get served, then come back up empty handed.

Perhaps it was the club manager who was at the door. I've managed bars and clubs. The manager's place is INSIDE.

I can appreciate why you're defending the place, but so far between neighbours and here, nothing positive.

A lot to be done no matter how you spin it.

Very true about manager being inside...
    Not been there yet... do want to have a look at it as is something new, im sure everyone else felt that way over the weekend and thats how it was jammers..
    First night of anything is most important and you can never have enough staff... sure that rule No 1 in the book....

I have been there for a meal some time ago and remeber it wasn't really that big (not club style anyway)
    I'd be concerned about my geta-way if there were a emergency, certaintly with the mount of people there...

Still, no doubt I'll give a go, main thing is, like all of us, will we go back...?
    I hope the manager will read this thread as Greystones really does need something like this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 and76

"Tiny bar, so cramped, music was BLARING last night to the point that trying to have a conversation was near impossible. "

................Is that not the point of a nite club that you can hear the music and get up for a dance rather than have a conversation which you may as well have stayed in the pub for!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

and76 wrote: »
    ................Is that not the point of a nite club that you can hear the music and get up for a dance rather than have a conversation which you may as well have stayed in the pub for!!!

Personally speaking, I would much rather have a late bar than a nightclub. If you read Mike's post, you can see that the bar downstairs closed, so there wasn't an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 tonyd123

Hi all, Yes we opened last week and yes we were over ran with customers, from this weekend on the bar will be open downstairs all night, if anyone was there on Sat night you would have noticed a much older age group, as will be for the future. I had to stay outside all night because the security didnt know who was who on the first night. To be honest I only expected 75 to 100 per night not the 400 we got on friday. Sat night was 200 and ran much better, room at the bar ( another bar is going in ) more party night music than dance. As with any venture it will take a little time to get it right please give us another try :). for those of you that were here thank you for your custom and hope to see you all again. I am thinking of a 70's 80's night on the 1st sunday of every month any ideas about it? On a final note the age profile is as it was last sat night mid 20's up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Good to hear Tony.

I'll give it another go in a couple of weeks.

Good to hear Tony.

I'll give it another go in a couple of weeks.

Thanks, hope its what you all want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 quag

Finian

The ad for Greystones theatre this Saturday says 'til late'. How late will the bar be open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 and76

Thats great Tony and good to see a local publican looking for feedback from the public!!
    Love the food in there and looking forward to trying the niteclub soon. A 70's & 80's night would be great but keep the dance and party music going too........I'm in my early 30's and you cant beat a good bop!!

quag wrote: »
    Finian

The ad for Greystones theatre this Saturday says 'til late'. How late will the bar be open?

Dont know about the Theatre but Sky bar is open till 2.30am Fri and Sat

• Advertisement
Advertisement