Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6220 Classic

• 26-07-2008 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Anyone seen or have the new nokia 6220 classic? its a mid range phone with gps mapping and 5 mp camera...etc

looks like a nice phone, wondering when it'll be realeased onto the irish networks..
    http://www.nokia.ie/A41098056

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Will be on 3 by end July/early August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Bill or pay as you go? Dont suppose it will be easy to unlock

Both. Not sure how easy to unlock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Walkman wrote: »
    Will be on 3 by end July/early August.

If thats true then great, looks like a great phone and one I'll definitely get. Any idea of pricing?

Sorry Ive no idea what the price will be. You could have a look at the specs of the nokia and see which phone they currently have which matches those specs. That should give you an idea of the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

€300 for a mid range handset would be a bit steep dont you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

The cheap N95 8GB from Meteor are making more sense now :)

This phone looks sweet - I'm very partial to my current 6120, this looks like one hell of a nice upgrade.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Nokia-6220-Classic-BLACK-5MP-UNLOCKED-Phone-1GB-GIF_W0QQitemZ330255862340QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330255862340

Works out at 279 euro from eBay, Hong Kong.

Hopefully the networks won't play silly buggers with the pricing over here.

long_b wrote: »
    This phone looks sweet - I'm very partial to my current 6120, this looks like one hell of a nice upgrade.

I have the 6120 classic too and I love it, looking at the 6220 as the best upgrade option for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭apollodjs

Its a pity it doesnt have wifi...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

€300 for a mid range handset would be a bit steep dont you think?

Probably, but considering 3 are currently charging €249 for the W910i, I dont think he is too far off!

The 6220 is not out just yet but my wife was told she would be able to upgrade to it for €149 (she's on the old Talk 200 price plan).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

apollodjs wrote: »
    Its a pity it doesnt have wifi...
    I agree if it had wifi it would be the perfect phone ! I have the e51 and couldn't go back to a phone with no wifi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I bought one off expansys. First impressions - phone has a plactic feel to it (as opposed ot the mettalic e51 feel I'm used to), camera doesn't seem up to n95 or c902 standard but still pretty convincing, keys "click" as you press/use them.

All in all think I'm happy enough so far (only using it for an hour so far), will give you more info in a few days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Andy_C_

Hey Walkman, any firmer info on when the networks will have it?

I've talked to O2, Meteor, Vodafone, Three & Nokia(Ireland) and none of them have any idea of when the 6220 Classic will be available!
    It's available on some of the UK networks, but the Irish networks say it can take up to 6 months for them to get phones that are available in the UK... grrr.

Any info greatly appreciated!

Andy_C_

Its in the August 3 magazine that you can pick up in 3 stores, its also on the August upgrade price list so I imagine it'll be out at some stage this month.

random wrote: »
    I bought one off expansys. First impressions - phone has a plactic feel to it (as opposed ot the mettalic e51 feel I'm used to), camera doesn't seem up to n95 or c902 standard but still pretty convincing, keys "click" as you press/use them.

All in all think I'm happy enough so far (only using it for an hour so far), will give you more info in a few days :)

Hey Random, how are you finding the camera now ? How's the flash in low light ?

• Advertisement

long_b wrote: »
    Hey Random, how are you finding the camera now ? How's the flash in low light ?
    Right .. I'm using it for what, about a week now?

The video quality is ok. It's got a couple of different settings with the highest being "TV Quality". An 8 min video with sound weighed in about 170MB and to be honest it wasn't as impressive as it could have been for that filesize. Was pretty dam good though.

The camera is great. One thing I notice is that it blurs very easily. You have to hold the camera perfectly still as it doesn't seem to compensate at all - i.e. not ideal if you're taking drunk photos lol but still like the camera.

Battery life I've pretty much resigned myself to being a day. Depending on usage it may not last the day but I'm heavy web / email and now bloody GPS lol (as if I can't find my way home from work without it!).

Anything else?

Andy_C_ wrote: »
    Hey Walkman, any firmer info on when the networks will have it?

I've talked to O2, Meteor, Vodafone, Three & Nokia(Ireland) and none of them have any idea of when the 6220 Classic will be available!
    First week in september at the latest with 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

random wrote: »
    Right .. I'm using it for what, about a week now?

The video quality is ok. It's got a couple of different settings with the highest being "TV Quality". An 8 min video with sound weighed in about 170MB and to be honest it wasn't as impressive as it could have been for that filesize. Was pretty dam good though.

The camera is great. One thing I notice is that it blurs very easily. You have to hold the camera perfectly still as it doesn't seem to compensate at all - i.e. not ideal if you're taking drunk photos lol but still like the camera.

Battery life I've pretty much resigned myself to being a day. Depending on usage it may not last the day but I'm heavy web / email and now bloody GPS lol (as if I can't find my way home from work without it!).

Anything else?

Does the GPS require any subscriptions?

I'm currently with Meteor pay-as-you-go. If I buy from expansys would there be any problems? would I need to unlock anything?

Thanks.

I bought mine from Expansys. I'm using a Meteor prepay SIM in it. Just popped the SIM in and off I went.

There's 3 months free navigation with it, I believe I will have to purchase it after this if I want navigation with Nokia maps. There's always Google Maps though, and other alternatives out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

Ok, it sounds tempting. Thanks.

I love the phone and glad I bought it. Couple of things you might want to know ..

no wifi, you can't customise the active standby apps, it's a 2.5mm connection for the headphones, the batterys about a day.

I think they're the main things that have sprung up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Andy_C_

Thanks for the update Walkman.

I had a play with the 6220 in a phone shop in the UK last weekend and liked it.

The Irish networks STILL don't have it though! Grrr.

Anyone got a firmer idea of when we'll get it? The shops here are still giving conflicting and vague replies when I enquire about it. I rang O2 the other day and the guy said he had a list of ten phones that will be released soon - and the 6220 isn't on the list!

We can but wait I suppose...

Anyone got any info?

Andy_C_

First week in september at the latest with 3.

Any update on this phone Walkman? Will we see it at all? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,468 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

have this phone really nice phone

txting is great and the camera is right good

very suprising its not a n series

(im selling it on adverts by the way;))

didnt relies that the n96 would be out by now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

Breaking News:

O2: 359
    Three: 299

I only cared for prepay so I think billpay is in the 120-170 range.

Advertisement