Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

past pupils

Options
  • 26-07-2008 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

any past pupils from st.josephs cbs drogheda on here,junior cert 1976.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

I didn't realise there was a junior cert in 1976, I've got two cousins, one 53, the other 57, that attended the cbs in Drogheda, would that be "in and around" the right age?

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

I didn't realise there was a junior cert in 1976, I've got two cousins, one 53, the other 57, that attended the cbs in Drogheda, would that be "in and around" the right age?
    bit older than me,im 48,and my mistake,i should have said the inter cert,as it was in those days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Not me I'm afraid. Me leaving cert' 86.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nollaigc

Yes Greatgoals, I am a p/p of St.Joseph's in that year.:eek:
    How time flies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Past pupil here too. Think '76 might have been my last year, 5th class, before the family moved away. Started in St. Patrick's and then moved up to St. Joseph's. Was it Patrick's St. it was in then? No longer live in Drogheda, can barely remember the street names, but the pictures are crystal and it'll always be home. Remember the teachers alright!

• Advertisement

shayser,
    just spotted your post, busy watching the ryder cup on the net.
    I doubt drogheda would have changed in any way that you would get lost but the volumes of traffic/people and the towns spread outwards would surprise you.
    were you a fan of br. mc kinney?
    nollaigc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Don't remember a Br. McKinney. I had a guy called Tommy Brennan for two years. Young fella, when I think about it now, though he was old to us, as were were so young. Used to lift us from our seats up to his eye level by the ears, or if he was particularly mad, by the locks. That hurt. Think we might have been his first class. Was sound, though. And a Mr. Caufield. Keep thinking of a Br. Foran, was he president? In third class, can't remember the teacher but he had an altar in the classroom and the privelege was to be the one who lit the candles. There was actually two different years in this class and the teacher taught both. Spent some time with one year, then the other. In St. Patricks, had a teacher called Mr. Kelly who wore clogs and had a beard, a Rolf Harris look-a-like. His wife brought his hot dinner in a cassarole dish every day and he ate it on his desk. Sometimes she would sit down with him and they'd both chat away as they had their dinner!

See a book on the school's history has just been published. Must get it.

Sorry about the reminiscefest! That's just the school, don't get me started on the rest!

nollaigc wrote: »
    shayser,
    just spotted your post, busy watching the ryder cup on the net.
    I doubt drogheda would have changed in any way that you would get lost but the volumes of traffic/people and the towns spread outwards would surprise you.
    were you a fan of br. mc kinney?
    nollaigc
    that mc kinney was a right snide git,jaysus i used to hate him.

Greatgoal,have to disagree about mckinney, christ i lived in fear of his very person for 1st&2nd year when i didnt have him. but when i went into 3rd year,it was awhole different story.
    right on reflection the 'hey you sonny' greetings when he found you offside may have seemed snide but i couldnt find fault with him.
    he had his way of doing things but he went out of his way to teach you.
    real pain in the ass homework that he corrected personally everyday and those saturday morning exams.
    remember those menthol cigarettes he smoked.
    there were a lot worse than him.
    Regards Nollaigc
    Ps shayser,
    I may be loosing it but I thought Mr Caulfeld& Kelly were in St. Josephs primary.

no,me and mc kinney just didnt mix and in the end he threw me out.i used to get on great with most of the other teachers though,johnny gregory,con mc ginley,des clinton even matthews wasnt too bad,the only other one i didnt get on with was noel dempsey,i still disagree with his political policies today,i also firmly believe that mc kinney was touchin up roisin[remember her] in the office,the jammy git.yeah shaysers talkin about the primary school,good memories of there too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement