Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upc down?

Options
  • 26-07-2008 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having problems with upc in dublin 2area? Can't connect 2any websites. Tracert goes as far as ntl and then dies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Similar problem in Swords but it is even stranger.

Some websites or connections are working fine, others just dont.

I can reach one website but not others, my phone connects to one provider but not the other.

I'm now on my O2 backup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Similar story in Galway. I have no connectivity to most of the internet. I'm only on here because I have a 3G modem for work.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Rang em and after much on hold classical music, all they said is its a nationwide problem.

Strangle i could still access some websites.

Seems to be back for me now though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Down in d6w too. Well, it works for aminute every now and again. Although I can stay connected to steam somehow

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Mine just came back.

D9

• Advertisement

Similar story in Galway. I have no connectivity to most of the internet. I'm only on here because I have a 3G modem for work.

Mine back up now, 100% AFAICS

Bohermore area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭scotsmarc

Just got through to them been on hold for 20 mins

Seems there is a problem for all of the Dublin area

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Yeah mine's back now as well in D2. Didnt expect them to fix it that quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Down in d6w too. Well, it works for aminute every now and again. Although I can stay connected to steam somehow

same..

wait it's back I think:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

had problems here in blanchardstown for a good few hours last night , websites not opening , crazy pings and packet loss .

switched to my BT connection for the rest of the night but tried the UPC line again and it was back to normal around midnight.

not sure if it's still ok as i'm using the BT connection now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah mine was messed up here in Waterford. I could only visit a few sites and boards.ie was not one of them, yahoo.co.uk seemed to work.

Eveything seems to be working now though.

I was connected to Google talk and gmail. They were the only 2 i could connect to. Then I reset and all i could get was a different forum, and UPC.ie

Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Serafijn

D6 seems to be back up now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

D1 back working now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

My UPC connection is back now too. They probably had a routing issue inside their own network.

scotsmarc wrote: »
    Just got through to them been on hold for 20 mins
    20Mins must be the standard. I was waiting 20 mins too, finally got through to some lovely lady who didnt seem to know much about what was going on.

Yeah all good here in D2 again. seems like the upgrades are still causing problems !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

galway back!!!! but for how long
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

heh our internet is really bad in here in UPC in eastpoint too, getting **** all work done.

<3 this company.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I'm back too in Swords on UPC, must have been an UPC internal routing issue.

I always check boards.ie 1st before testing or even calling UPC as last reserve.

This is my 1st outage since I moved over to UPC a month ago.

• Advertisement

thank god for a 3g back up ! :rolleyes:

I always check boards.ie 1st before testing or even calling UPC as last reserve.
    I would if I could, but im relyant on UPC! Those feckers only have 2 classical songs on their "on hold" music playlist! if their gonna be used so much, surely they could pop in 1 or 2 other ones. Like 3! 3 have some nice customer service songs.... anywho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Had the same here. By the looks of it it was a routing problem. Some sites would tracert, others would die after one hop. Fixed now anyways.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Same problem here too - could connect to some sites but not to others. Didn't seem to be any pattern to what you could or could not connect to either. It seems resolved now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

seems to be back to normal here also :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fowley

up in christchurch, internet still on the blink. anyone still having problems on UPC, sometimes it can connect but when i try to ping any website i get about 50% packet loss. google talk doesnt even connect. to be honest it hasnt been right since they bumped me up to 10Mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

No all seems to be good. Everyone pretty much came back online at the same time. You will notice that there was a flood of posts on the forum at about the same time in this thread when it came back.

all good in the west too

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fowley

looks like ill have to get on to the dreaded customer support so :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

dead connection around 11.00 this morning. rebooted the modem couple of times and didn't work. modem logs say unable to register to DHCP sthing. back up online again 1 hour later.

Advertisement