Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations?

Options
  • 26-07-2008 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi, this is my first time posting here and I am hoping I am in the right place! I recently read The Book Thief, A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Time Travellers Wife and The Secret River. I am currently reading The Lovely Bones. These books are out of my usual reading preferences but I really enjoyed every one of them. Does anyone know any other books that I may enjoy that would be in similar categories to the above? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭randomguy

Those books you list are all of a type.
    Here is some stuff along the same lines -

We Need to Talk about Kevin - Lionel Shriver (hard to get into but well well worth it)
    The Kiterunner
    The Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver
    Life of Pi - Yann Martel
    Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides
    The Curious Incident of the Dog at Nighttime
    Black Swan Green - David Mitchell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 tweet-tweet

thanks randomguy. i have read the curious incident but will definitely look into the other ones. it's nice to have an idea where to go from here! if anyone has more keep on posting!

Advertisement