Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nominations open for new mods

Options
  • 26-07-2008 11:36am

Greetings everyone,

It's around time that a new mod or two are added to the Leaving Cert forum, and it's probably the best time to be looking at this since this place will hot up dramatically from the start August onwards. So if you wish to nominate someone (even yourself), please do so in this thread.

Please note that Boards.ie is not a democracy and that the final decision is down to the Admins.

Thanks,

Dónal / Myth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I reckon The Walsho should be picked, as he has dealt with a lot of peoples concerns and questions about the LC in a decent manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

IMO, it'd be great if one of the 2009 LC students modded this forum. I think Piste is starting 6th year this year and she already mods the JC forum. Seems like a good choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

The Walsho for sure.
    I also think Cokehead Mother should be in the running as she was always there to answer any questions that the frantic students had in the run-up to the LC itself.

I think it's better to have mods who aren't doing the actual exam itself so there is an unbiased view of the situation and also so they have more time to regulate the forum rather than use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Thanks to Jakkass and Timans for throwing my name in there. I was going to recommend the both of you actually. Both very decent, level-headed lads with a lot of experience on boards. Jakkass has experience with being a moderator on here if I remember correctly.

I think you're spoiled for choice here, as there's a lot of potential candidates for this post, Cokehead Mother and PurpleFistMixer to name a few others.

I agree with Timans that it'd be better if the person isn't doing their exams this year, as it'd just be too time-consuming.
    For the record, I would be happy to give this a go if chosen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭scholes19

Merko Walsh for Mod! Or Scholes19:cool:
    Walsho should consider taking on an assisant tho- he doesnt wanna be streched

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Me :p

Or if not, The Walsho I guess...

I just realised PurpleFistMixer is already one hah

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Go Walsho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I imagine the time I spend on this board will be dramatically reduced come september, so I wouldn't make a great mod for it (JC is grand as it's so quiet). Just from reading it during the year, it's very busy and something you'd need to keep an eye on, so certainly whoever mods it should be someone who's going to be around a lot. (That said, modding a busy forum while you're in sixth year... not an extra hassle you need. And who wants to be modded by a fifth year? Oh confusion.)

Otherwise I echo general sentiments. I'm far too sleep deprived to make a useful contribution, so I'll just say, everyone suggested so far seems fine to me. Just need a watchful eye, a strong hand, or whatever way your modding style is. ; p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

The Walsho would definitely be a very good mod - his Leaving Cert blog was great reading! :cool: Everyone seems to agree he's a good contributor here.

If you're looking for a 2nd mod (someone with a lot of spare time!) I'd be more than happy to do it. This forum was a huge help to me when I did my Leaving Cert back in 2007. This year I've done my best to give advice to people whenever I can. I'd love to give something back to this forum and, indeed, to Boards.ie (since I've been here three years!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Thaed and Ruu, just to keep everything stable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

salman85. Helpful, insightful and all around a great contributor.

srs tiem*:
    One of those Junior Cert mods. They have it too easy. :pac:

*OK, maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Jakkass wrote: »
    I reckon The Walsho should be picked, as he has dealt with a lot of peoples concerns and questions about the LC in a decent manner.

+1
    IMO, it'd be great if one of the 2009 LC students modded this forum. I think Piste is starting 6th year this year and she already mods the JC forum. Seems like a good choice.

Would a person doing the LC have the time to mod aswell? I'd imagine that'd be pretty stressful around exam time.. But otherwise +1 for Piste if not this year then next! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

The walsho would definetly be a good choice, sure look how popular he is on this

thatone! wrote: »
    The walsho would definetly be a good choice, sure look how popular he is on this

It's not a popularity contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Someone else said it and i think its a good idea to get a 2009 l'c'er, just to add some mix :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

I think PFM would be a very fair mod.
    I know she said she's not too bothered, but I'm just throwing it out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

PurpleFistMixer and Piste - it seems only logical that the Junior Cert mods would get it, provided they're willing ;p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Actually ZorbaTehZ I think you would be a good mod if you were up for it. You have contributed a lot to this forum over the last two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

+1

Would a person doing the LC have the time to mod aswell? I'd imagine that'd be pretty stressful around exam time.. But otherwise +1 for Piste if not this year then next! :)

Anything to avoid The Studies :)

(seriously, that's why I've joined a gym)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Piste wrote: »
    Anything to avoid The Studies :)

(seriously, that's why I've joined a gym)

:D

Ah well, sure I took up kickboxing when I was repeating and it didn't do me any harm - actually I found the exercise and just having a break helped me loads. Fresh head, you get out a LOAD of stress, it's all good. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Actually ZorbaTehZ I think you would be a good mod if you were up for it. You have contributed a lot to this forum over the last two years.

+1

I think that'd be a great idea.
    He recently did the LC so he knows what it's like (no memories tarnished by time) and actually understands the CAO system.

There's not much more you could want from an LC mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

I think square_igloo would be a great mod for this forum. He has given some really good advice to people over the past few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

I think JC 2K3 would make a good mod too. Also, +1 for PFM and Cokehead Mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The Walsho and Cokehead Mother are teh best choices.Also square igloo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

titan18 wrote: »
    The Walsho and Cokehead Mother are teh best choices.Also square igloo
    I also agree that the Walsho is a good choice. He has my support.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Even though PFM says she wont be on the LC board too much next year I think she'd be a good mod if she wanted the job.

I think The Walsho and Square_Igloo would be good choices too.

Decisions have been made, the crowning (read: paddling) of new mods should be happening shortly.

Thanks to everyone for their interest! I'll close this now methinks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement