Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G Router

Options
  • 26-07-2008 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I am looking to buy a 3g wireless router that will allow me to plug in my 3g card (3 network, usb connection)
    has anyone used one of these routers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Never heard of them to be honest. If your running vista or xp you can always use internet connection sharing which is build in. alot cheaper then buying a router as its free.

All you need to do is network yoru computers together, and setup ics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭scotsmarc

we are trying to connect a ps3 and a wii. so ICS is not an option. there are a few 3g routers on the market jsut trying to see if anyone has used them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

scotsmarc wrote: »
    we are trying to connect a ps3 and a wii. so ICS is not an option. there are a few 3g routers on the market jsut trying to see if anyone has used them
    Here you go. Check the compatibility list first just to make sure. Good video here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭scotsmarc

thanks for the help. will add this one to the list !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Gavinman

I'm a vodafone ireland customer and am using the Dovado router which I plug my e220 into. It works really well for outbound connections.

Can't get it to work for inbound connections, but I believe that's a vodafone limitation, not an issue with Dovado.

If you need any more details please feel free to ping me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement