Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loose Change

Options
  • 26-07-2008 1:10pm

Does anyone know where I can get my loose change exchanged for notes, instead of the bank?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

the supervalue up past GMIT has a machine in there where you dump your change in and it sorts and counts it automatically.

There is a charge of 9.5% and prints out a reciept that you bring to the counter and get your money.

In Ballybane? I'd be surprised if others don't have this as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The one down on Fr Griffin Rd has one too.

A rip-off, IMHO, at 9.5%. Why don't you just go to the bank ... (assuming that your loose change is legally obtained, of course ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

ya but going to the bank you need to have it all separated and put into baggies in the correct amount. im quite happy to pay 9.5% for the machine to do this.
    In Ballybane? I'd be surprised if others don't have this as well.

ya ballybane. ive seen it other places too but just cant remember where.

JustMary wrote: »
    The one down on Fr Griffin Rd has one too.

A rip-off, IMHO, at 9.5%. Why don't you just go to the bank ... (assuming that your loose change is legally obtained, of course ;-)

Damnit.

There goes my parking meter scam.

These machines in the Supervalu, can you pour them all in at once or seperately?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

those machines are a rip off, i'm a serial hoarder of coins and always use the bank as i'm not gonna pay some shop money for what should be free. i've changed over 500 euro this year and while 45 quid isnt that much i'd rather not give that up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

THink theres one in Joyces in Knocknacarra too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

You could always go to one of the arcades in salthill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Does anyone know where I can get my loose change exchanged for notes, instead of the bank?

I don't believe a plane hit the Pentagon either...

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

If you have it bagged, try your local pub; they'll generally take all but 1 and 2 cent coins.

Banks sometimes charge for large amounts, even when it's bagged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Another serial hoarder but I use a coin sorter to do the hard work so they love me in the bank! :D

Do try the pubs as suggested. Also, I read the Credit Union takes coins even if not sorted properly into bank bags (open to correction on this). The Post Office would be happy to get your change as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Find a friend who works behind a till somewhere.
    I regularly put all my shrapnel into the till at work and take notes out. I asked the manager if it was okay and he had no problem with it. It's dead handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

why do people hoard coins.Me thinks too lazy/stupid to hand over proper ammount in shops-easier to hand in note and let others do the work/thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

Damnit.

There goes my parking meter scam.

These machines in the Supervalu, can you pour them all in at once or seperately?

All at once me thinks..

Advertisement