Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos New Catalogue

Options
  • 26-07-2008 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

I got my new Argos catalogue this morning at
    Homebase store.:D:D:D:D:D
    Did u get yours:confused::confused:

At last they are HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Show off. :D

Its almost worth the trek up to the retail park. Almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

easkey wrote: »
    I got my new Argos catalogue this morning at
    Homebase store.:D:D:D:D:D

Me too, me too!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... now that's useful!

Finally I can browse through items I can't yet order.. why the excitement honestly?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Well we still have about 4 more pallets of them in our Warehouse so plenty more available so don't be disappointed if you didn't get it today.I'm not sure if we are going to be handing them out like the two Argos "employees" were today but if you don't see any catalogues around its worth giving us an ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

who needs to leave the house

browse on line

:D

• Advertisement

irish-stew wrote: »
    who needs to leave the house sofa

browse on line

:D

fixed your post

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Well we still have about 4 more pallets of them in our Warehouse so plenty more available so don't be disappointed if you didn't get it today.I'm not sure if we are going to be handing them out like the two Argos "employees" were today but if you don't see any catalogues around its worth giving us an ask.

Ooh good, I couldn't get in today (taking pics at the festival) so hopefully I'll pick one up next time I'm in.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Doesn't that really depend on who you ask in there? I was up there one day and was looking for some angle beading and I was talking to a young fella (no offense if its you bobcar) but he had no clue as to what I was on about. He actually asked me to show him what it was when I found it. Shouldn't the staff be helping the customers and not the other way around?

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Doesn't that really depend on who you ask in there? I was up there one day and was looking for some angle beading and I was talking to a young fella (no offense if its you bobcar) but he had no clue as to what I was on about. He actually asked me to show him what it was when I found it. Shouldn't the staff be helping the customers and not the other way around?

That sounds like someone I know up there alright! Not you Bobcar, obv. I think there is an issue of understaffing up there, for such a huge product range, if someone is off sick etc, someone from a different dept could be overseeing an unfamiliar dept for the day. I hope. Otherwise its just inept I guess.

EDIT: Are there any other empty units left in Cleveragh now?

Big_Mac wrote: »

I actually don't think it was me so no offence taken. We do have a fella from FAS who does have a wee bit of a learning disability so god love him.I feel sorry for him at times because there are times he doesn't have a clue what someone is saying to him.
    I really doubt it was me,I'm usually up at customer services(that doesn't mean we know everything about every product btw)

• Advertisement

sueme wrote: »
    That sounds like someone I know up there alright! Not you Bobcar, obv. I think there is an issue of understaffing up there, for such a huge product range, if someone is off sick etc, someone from a different dept could be overseeing an unfamiliar dept for the day. I hope. Otherwise its just inept I guess.

EDIT: Are there any other empty units left in Cleveragh now?

That sounds like Gerry doesn't it Sueme,don't tell him I said that. I'm glad you noticed the serious lack of staff,its crazy.and with quite a few people on maternity leave it makes it even worse.

I think there would still be one or two empty units in Cleveragh,there is a new place in beside Smyths,its in the corner.Can't remember the name of it on the top of my head:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

I really doubt it was me,I'm usually up at customer services(that doesn't mean we know everything about every product btw)
    *puts on stalker hat and makes plans to spend lunch break in homebase*

Wow, my life is exciting.

Hmmm so Fozzle is up there too...:P

I can see the customer service going downhill completely as all the staff and customers are eyeing each other up wondering...

We need a Masons type code to identify fellow Boardsies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I can see the customer service going downhill completely as all the staff and customers are eyeing each other up wondering...

so we're back to the badges then?Maybe rois could make them if shes not busy? :D

so we're back to the badges then?Maybe rois could make them if shes not busy? :D

I was thinking more along the lines of touch your right elbow while standing on your left foot type thing.

Rois is too mature to get into our silly games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I was thinking more along the lines of touch your right elbow while standing on your left foot type thing.

Just fell over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was up in the Retail Park so picked up aa catalogue in Homebase.. too huge to even browse through.

But looking for a good 5.1 surround sound system (as mine is on it's last legs) so might look through that later.

Lol! There's a guy in Homebase I keep eyeballing (poor lad) I think it's Bobcar, but tbh, how the hell can I know?!

In more important news, I got my catalogue *lovingly strokes enormous book of shiny shiny products*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

methinks I'll take a trek up to the retail park tomorrow.

My bike's derailler needs looking after anyway.

fozzle wrote: »
    Lol! There's a guy in Homebase I keep eyeballing (poor lad) I think it's Bobcar, but tbh, how the hell can I know?!

In more important news, I got my catalogue *lovingly strokes enormous book of shiny shiny products*

Oh my God I'm paranoid now.

• Advertisement

Oh my God I'm paranoid now.
    Mwahahahaha!!! Well, if you were working the desk yesterday and had a break just before 12.00 and again at 14.00 (or at least were wandering around outside at those times) then you're caught! ^_^

If not then some poor employee is gonna be seriously freaked out by me staring at him by now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

has this thread merged with the who do you know in sligo thread

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Munya

I didn't know it was out yet. I'll get mine soon:D

irish-stew wrote: »
    has this thread merged with the who do you know in sligo thread

:confused:

Not at all. It's just become the "who do you know in Homebase?" thread ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Not at all. It's just become the "who do you know in Homebase?" thread ;)

Mods, Should this thread be renamed?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hey everyone

Haven't had the chance to get down myself yet. Anybody start picking out what they would like to get? I am sure there are lots of good gems out there waiting to be picked up.

Was back home at the weekend (Dublin) and had a chat with a few drivers, (Argos deliveries), and they said Sligo is going to be their next port of call very soon, going to be loading up the Sligo store with plenty of stock.

Mwahahahaha!!! Well, if you were working the desk yesterday and had a break just before 12.00 and again at 14.00 (or at least were wandering around outside at those times) then you're caught! ^_^

If not then some poor employee is gonna be seriously freaked out by me staring at him by now :o

Phew,wasn't me...thanks God,I wasn't in work just before 12 but I probably did take a lil break at 2ish
    Why were you there for about two hours...oh wait you work in the retail park aswell don't you...which unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Ahem. Can we take that conversation over the the "Does everybody know each other" thread please Bobcar and Fozzle?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Have they still got catalogues??
    I still haven't got in there:(

• Advertisement

magnumlady wrote: »
    Have they still got catalogues??
    I still haven't got in there:(

No need to worry Val,still have 3 full pallets of them and half a pallet in the entrance so your safe,no need to rush in I don't think.

Advertisement