Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos New Catalogue

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Saw you when I was up in Homebase on Sunday actually bobcar61.

Was playing with the animal hand puppets near the counter.. and by playing with, I mean divulging my plans for world domination - the zebra was actually quite dismissive! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

basquille wrote: »
    Saw you when I was up in Homebase on Sunday actually bobcar61.

Was playing with the animal hand puppets near the counter.. and by playing with, I mean divulging my plans for world domination - the zebra was actually quite dismissive! :(

Ah sugar,was I playing with the crocodile?? You should have come over and introduced yourself.
    Sorry takola but I will bring myself over to the other thread now...don't kill me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

bobcar61 wrote: »
    No need to worry Val,still have 3 full pallets of them and half a pallet in the entrance so your safe,no need to rush in I don't think.

Cool I will get one tomorrow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Got one today about 7pm, and there were loads in a pallet at the RHS entrance door.

Enjoy :)

Argos signs are up, its opening on November the 6th:D
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnumlady/2966841174/

• Advertisement

Oh yippee:D:D
    I might take a little drive down that way this evening after college and before work.
    I wonder if they will have any opening offers or anything when they do open.

Oh and plenty of the staff were up in Homebase last night for training or something,I didnt get to talk to them:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I check it out on my smoke break in work everyday. SO EXCITING!

/searches for life...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

magnumlady wrote: »
    Argos signs are up, its opening on November the 6th:D
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnumlady/2966841174/
    *dances like an overexcited monkey* Oooooh, I can't wait! And it's an "Extra", awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

Thats great, I love Bill Bailey:D

• Advertisement

So does anyone know if there's gonna be any special offers or anything with the opening of Argos? Is there usually when they open a new branch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

fozzle wrote: »
    So does anyone know if there's gonna be any special offers or anything with the opening of Argos? Is there usually when they open a new branch?

The offers that will be on are the same as in every other Argos store in the ROI.....there are no specials specific to the store opening. Catalogues, promo leaflets and xmas brouchers will be available with the latest deals on Thurs morning when the store opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

"The Book of Dreams" is available at Argos now. They have a couple of pallets outside. I had a look in - it looks like a real Argos and everything!!

Anyone know what time they open on Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Tried to run a search on their website for store location opening times and it wouldn't work. Hope this thread can help you out. They tend to close around 7-ish btw. An extension hopefully with Christmas on the way.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055258245

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Opening times arent definite yet, standard opening hours will be 9-6 mon, tue, wed and sat........9-9 thurs and fri and 12-6 sundays.

Thanks I'll go in on Thursday to have a look....its exciting:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Funny how the Sligo Chamber of Commerce have recently announced their delight at Argos' arrival in Sligo (via the Weekender)> so many things I could say& get sued for, but, sure none of us are stupid & can see what's going on.

As for random words that coem out of my head.. at this moment it's

//

Cardboard
    Recycling
    Back
    Hand
    Brown
    Recycleable
    paper Envelopes
    Credit Crunch
    Government
    panic
    local
    election
    euripeoan
    elactins

panic
    dunno how to allocate / bury funding

what eva

Funny how the Sligo Chamber of Commerce have recently announced their delight at Argos' arrival in Sligo (via the Weekender)> so many things I could say& get sued for, but, sure none of us are stupid & can see what's going on.

//

Cardboard
    Recycling
    Back
    Hand
    Brown
    Recycleable
    paper Envelopes
    Credit Crunch
    Government
    panic
    local
    election
    euripeoan
    elactins

panic
    dunno how to allocate / bury funding

what eva

awww bless them, I bet they are delighted:D, I'll say hi to them tomorrow when I'm in having a look around.

euripeoan
    elactins
    It would help if they were infact words!

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

basquille wrote: »
    It would help if they were infact words!

;)

The ARE real words... euripeoan & elactins are ingredients Lacticaia Youghurt & are scientifically proven to help the development of x-ray vision & improves digestion.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

Where about in Sligo is the new Argos shop ? The Argos shops I have seen in Enniskillen, Athlone and Castlebar is in the town. Is the one in Sligo in an industrial estate somewhere ? Nobody seems to know what street its on ?

Its in the Cleveragh retail park, right near Smyths toys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

magnumlady wrote: »
    Its in the Cleveragh retail park, right near Smyths toys.

er , where about is that ? I never saw a Smyths toys in Sligo, who are they beside ? If I come by car to Sligo on the main dual carriageway, how do I get to it ? Also a friend is going to Sligo by public transport ( train ) on Saturday, how do I give directions to walk to it ?

Do you know where Lidl is?
    If so, you pass Lidl with Lidl on your right, turn right at the end of the road (I think its called Martin Savage Terrace) and you will see the retail park further up the road on the right.
    Its a fair enough walk from the railway station.
    As far as I remember there are signs up for Cleveragh Retail park.

In my opinion I think its in the wrong place, but its not the fault of Argos who wanted to go to the Carraroe retail originally.

Jimmy, if you're coming in the dual-carriageway from the Coolooney side, take the second exit after Coolooney (for Carraroe). At the top is a wee roundabout - take the second exit. Follow follow follow the road straight through 3 sets of traffic lights and you should get to the Garda station (on your right). Turn right beside it and go down the little street. At the end of it go straight throught the tiny roundabout, and then straight through the one at Dunnes. When you get to a t-junction turn right and Cleveragh retail park is just down on your right.

Have fun shopping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Anyone know what the difference is between argos and argos extra?

Extra do some of the bigger items.. like Garden Furniture (etc).

They've more of a range.

Argos extra's are bigger and hold everything that's in the catalogue in stock except for some of the Home Delivery items such as some of the beds and sofa's.
    On that note,home delivery is €7.50 within Co.Dublin but €29.50 for everyone who doesn't live in Dublin...bit unfair if you ask me!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Anybody going tomorrow?

Advertisement