Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog shot in the head - why????

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

Any news op ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Bambi wrote: »
    Know any farmers in your area with gun licenses? Thats where id put me money.

What sort of farmer would go into someones back yard and shoot a dog.
    Live in the real world much?

OP i am so sorry for you. These people are scum.

Best wishes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Bambi wrote: »
    Know any farmers in your area with gun licenses? Thats where id put me money.

OP i am very sorry for your loss. Whoever done this must be sick in the head and i truly hope they are caught and get what coming to them.

Mod Edit: Abuse removed.

Blaming a farmer for coming into the back of that persons house and just shooting the dog... please. What do you think, farmers go around sneaking into the back of peoples houses at night shooting dogs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Just spoke to the local guard and he reckons that the sickos who did this want to break into my house and take my car keys as there have been about 5 cars robbed in the last month or so around the area. They might have thought the dog was a threat...??

Even more reason the Gardai should treat this very seriously. Entering a property with a firearm constitutes Aggravated Burglary. A lot more serious than "normal" Burglary.

Out of curiosity, were there any attempts by the Gardai to locate the bullet for forensic purposes? How serious do you think they are taking it?

Very sorry to hear this, such a docile looking dog as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

togster wrote: »
    What sort of farmer would go into someones back yard and shoot a dog.
    Live in the real world much?

OP i am so sorry for you. These people are scum.

Best wishes

The kind of farmer who lives down beside my sister. She was told if the dog was walked during lambing season it would be shot one way or the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

You can be darn sure that farmer would not be coming onto your sisters property with a gun at night. If he were to feel his livestock were at threat he would not need to go sneaking around to shoot her dog, he would be within his rights to do it in broad daylight.

Methinks we are not getting the full story there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Think all ye like pal I'm not interested in convincing ye.

wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭teachertrixibel

yep, in the end, vet confirmed not a shot so all very confusing. Hard to think of him being hit with anything hard enough to kill him - he had such a thick skull. Vet said it could have been hammer or whatever else they had in their hand to break in....

I'm still heartbroken :-( Small consolation I guess that no firearm was involved, but still such a vicious attack... Keep expecting to see my dog in the kitchen/around the house.... so sad......

thx for all your messages though.... really appreciate them

Trix

what scum
    a few years ago my friends dog was poisoned by burglars
    i hope they die screaming

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

Gun/Hammer it's all the same it's an attack on a lovely dog that shouldn't of happened would it be possible some one with a gat/sling shot used him as taret pactise I'm beginning to so a lot of them about a again they were illegal 20 yrs ago the police tuck a black widow of my brother that was given to him as a present, they stopped him on the side of the road and tuck it of him (he loves animals as much as I do so I can assure you he never harmed any with it) but it could do some damage, even with a small stone being flung it hits some speed even enough to kill a dog if it hits in the right place, I'm sure none of this makes you feel any the better for lossing your beloved pet and my thoughts are with you.

Hope you find out what happened ?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Storm_rages

that is so horrible..!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Sorry to hear about your poor dog :( Like Blackcat2008 said it could have been a slingshot/catapult type thing, some asshole out for target practice. It happens. Not that that makes it any better mind, it only makes you wonder what kind of scum roam the earth.

My poor beloved dog was killed many years ago by a psycho using him for target practice with a crossbow. Found my dog (a little jack russell) shivering in our front garden early one morning, and when I went to see what was wrong with him, he was sitting in a pool of blood with a huge wound. Vet confirmed he had been shot with a bolt of some type from a crossbow, when straight through the poor fella fatally wounding him. Had to have him put to sleep as he was in so much pain and his insides were completely ripped apart :mad: so it was either put him down or let him have a long, painful death.

It's sickening to think that anyone could do something to a defenseless creature like that. Still upsets me now, more than a decade after it happened. Even if he had been killed instantly without all the suffering he endured it would have been easier to bear.

Sorry to hear you are going through this, it's awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭whitser

yep, in the end, vet confirmed not a shot so all very confusing. Hard to think of him being hit with anything hard enough to kill him - he had such a thick skull. Vet said it could have been hammer or whatever else they had in their hand to break in....

I'm still heartbroken :-( Small consolation I guess that no firearm was involved, but still such a vicious attack... Keep expecting to see my dog in the kitchen/around the house.... so sad......

thx for all your messages though.... really appreciate them

Trix
    i'd say it was a robber scoping your house. chances are he'd have a hammer or similar on him.

whitser wrote: »
    i'd say it was a robber scoping your house. chances are he'd have a hammer or similar on him.

yeah these people are dangerous, and there is a link between animal cruelty and violent people (serial killers mass murderers etc)
    http://www.amazines.com/article_detail.cfm/474840?articleid=474840

shouldnt be a suprise with the amount of people murdered here every second day now!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭teachertrixibel

sorry to hear about your dog echosound - it's heartbreaking to think of the violence people are using.

blindjustice, I've heard of that before. Apparently paedophiles also abuse animals. I just hope to God that in my case it was a robber, as the thoughts of a serial killer etc in my garden isn't the most reassuring thought in the world :(

The world is full of very evil and nasty people :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭whitser

relax. i doubt it was a serial killer. i'd say some junkie was planning to break in, then your dog comes out and he panicks hits the dog and runs. its terrible but dont get your self in a state worrying about serial killers etc...thiefs will often poisin dogs when the plan to do a house. they not serial killers just scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog.:(

Advertisement