Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cartell check

Options
  • 26-07-2008 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭

I done a vehicle history check 2* report and discovered the VRC and NCT details don't check out. I bought privately so probably feck all I can do about this. Will this effect insurance and what should I do? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

What exactly do you mean when you say they 'don't check out'?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The details on the VRC and NCT that I have don't match what cartell have recorded in their database.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Hal1 wrote: »
    The details on the VRC and NCT that I have don't match what cartell have recorded in their database.
    That much I guessed.;) In what way exactly do the details differ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP you need to elaberate a bit. Also I'm curious as to why you did this check after you bought the car rather than before?

The guy I bought from was not the previous owner. I recieved the VRC the other day (waited a month for this, had to get a copy of NCT for insurance as previous owner didn't bother posting it.) and wanted to check that everthing was in order. I had intended checking the vehicle history before buying but didn't get around to doing it until today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,362 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Well sure your new vrc came from department of environment so that is genuine and if you got a copy of the nct cert from nct people, then that is genuine. So at least you know what is right. Have you got a valid nct or has it run out?

The NCT is valid until Feb '09.

Here is what got the alarm bells ringing for me:

"*NCT CERTIFICATE NUMBER Did not match If the certificate number was not provided or was entered incorrectly
    please go to Update Report

*NCT CERTIFICATE NUMBER #7#########9 If the vehicle is taxed as a private vehicle and is four years or older it
    should have a valid NCT certificate

*REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE NUMBER
    Did not match If the certificate number was not provided or was entered incorrectlyplease go to Update Report."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

mickdw wrote: »
    Well sure your new vrc came from department of environment so that is genuine and if you got a copy of the nct cert from nct people, then that is genuine. So at least you know what is right. Have you got a valid nct or has it run out?

+1

I'd trust the VLC way before I trusted Cartell, in fact I'd be using the VLC to ask Cartell to update their database!

As long as the VLC came from the correct authority and it matches the car itself, who cares what some website says.

In fact, I'd be contacting Cartell asking for a refund of my fee because the information they provided is incorrect!!

Thanks, but I taught Cartell and the likes got their information for a central database which the department of transport updated. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,362 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Hal1 wrote: »
    Thanks, but I taught Cartell and the likes got their information for a central database which the department of transport updated. :confused:

They do get the info from official records but anything can happen. Do Cartell not put up that message if they havent got the NCT cert details? or did they show you wrong info regarding dates etc?

I would check chassis & engine numbers on vrc and nct against whats on your car. If all match up, you are 100% ok

• Advertisement
Advertisement