Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls! Help! Handbag Question!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Don't be silly, if it's a nice bag, keep it ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Personally I would leave it on - I can't afford a Radley handbag yet (on a purse at the moment, working my way up!) - but I think part of the charm is the little dog, they're very nice bags and I don't really see a reason to take it off unless you don't like how it looks in which case you don't need to ask our advice, take it off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

ozchick wrote: »
    thank you! Bought it cos I liked the bag, not into brands and 'shoving it' in peoples face - so maybe I will take it off then! Won't bother to ask Irish women their opinions in future I think:rolleyes:

Ah stuff it, maybe I will just go back to a tesco bag:D:D

Dont mind them Ozchick, everyone's a smartarse around here lately.
    I think ya should take the little doggy thing off, I think they take away from the nice style of those Radley bags. But hey, it's your bag to do with what ya like! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It's true, Ozchick. A lot of people are smartarses. Check out the signature of some...

But back to your original question: what way would you prefer the bag? Never mind how it will look to others, or what look is cool or whatever - what do you like the look of? The answer to that is the answer to your question. The way you like it is the way you should have it - that's all that matters when it's your bag. To thine own self be true :).

If you like the tags, keep them. If you don't, cut them off. Personally I think it would be a shame to take the scissors to a new expensive bag so I'd leave them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Dave_Hasselhoff

I'd hate to be a single fat bitter 30 y/o woman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

ozchick wrote: »
    thank you! Bought it cos I liked the bag, not into brands and 'shoving it' in peoples face - so maybe I will take it off then! Won't bother to ask Irish women their opinions in future I think:rolleyes:

Ah stuff it, maybe I will just go back to a tesco bag:D:D

OP, if I was you I'd leave it on, I think the dogs are cute on Radleys. I have a Radley wallet, strawberry leather with the cutest little dog on it, and I've bought other wallets since but they're not a patch on it. Kildare Village Radley shop for the win!

I love how easy it is to judge someone based on a simple question. Pity it's borderline illegal to want nice things these days.

I wouldn't hate it anywhere near as much as I'd hate to be the kind of person who'd throw snipes at someone on-thread, put a nasty dig directed at them in my signature, be hypocritical enough to bitch about "bullying" on Boards, and get someone I know who hasn't posted here for three years to assist them in throwing more snipes at that person. Oh... and I'd hate to be so deluded about myself as to take an anti-bullying stance yet to thank the person who hasn't posted in three years for making a nasty unfounded remark on thread directed at the person in question... and to constantly follow that person's posts (yet accuse them of being the stalker) in order to find people I can thank for taking opposing views to them.

Oh, and defend overweight people when it suits and purely for the sake of taking an opposing stance to someone... and then to insult overweight people - or use "fat" as an insult - when it doesn't.

Yeah, I'm really glad I'm not that malicious and breathtakingly hypocritical...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

ffs posts reported.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

One week forum ban for personal abuse
    Dudess wrote: »
    It's true, Ozchick. A lot of people are smartarses. Check out the signature of some...

Dudess, while I'm not condoning anyone being abused in sigs, this forum isn't the place to air your grievances. If you're having problems with certain posters I suggest you take it up with an admin in the Help Desk.

Sorry Zaph, I just found it hard to take seriously certain posts condemning smartarse behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Where are dudess's men of honour...to defend her honour!
    Dudess I should be on that list!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Thread locked.

Unfortunately I didn't get to this thread earlier.

If I had, I would have moved it to the Fashion and Appearance forum, where it belonged, and where Thaed probably wouldn't have found it, and stuck her oar in, and then the fashion-PC brigade wouldn't have decided that it was uncool to mock the cool kids for not knowing which cool part of their cool accessory was supposed to be cool. But that's okay, because it's cool to do what you want with your cool stuff, whether or not it's still cool after you've finished.

Newsflash for anyone having difficulty with this:

The OP can do what she wants with her handbag, but I recommend she ask the denizens of the Fashion and Appearance forum if she wants her request to be taken seriously.

If the OP and others like the OP persist in asking fashion-related questions on the Ladies Lounge, then Thaedydal and other posters like Thaedydal can take the piss if they wish on this forum, assuming they stay within the charter.

People may not personally abuse Thaedydal for taking the piss. (If anything, I recommend you take the piss right back at her. Try to be creative. I like a little creativity in my day.)

People especially can't make my head hurt with roundabout references to people who do stuff but who can't be named because it's like... You know I can't even finish that because it makes my eyes bleed.

Now, take your Radley handbags and meet at dawn with them, somewhere other than here, 'kay?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement