Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complan Stain

Options
  • 26-07-2008 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine mixed up some Complan and tipped the remainder into the kitchen sink. It's one of those white ones - I'm afraid I don't know exactly what the sink is made of but it's a sort of rough plasticky surface. She didn't rinse the sink immediately - when she went to do the dishes, the complan had dried up and stained the sink.

She's tried scrubbing the sink but the stains haven't come out. Bleach doesn't work either. The stains are yellowy in colour and look to have been absorbed into the sink if you know what I mean. My friend thinks the Complan is basically aerated sugar and that that's what's probably caused the staining. Any suggestions?

Advertisement