Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Acknowledgement Letter from RSA?

Options
  • 26-07-2008 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

I applied for my driving test on June 23rd.The website says you should receive a letter of acknowledgement within 5 days of applying and to contact them if you don't get one after 10 days.It's been 5 weeks now and I've got no letter:confused:.
    I can't get through to them by phone and they don't answer emails.Is anyone else having problems getting an acknowledgement letter?Or is it likely I won't get one and will just get a letter with a test date?I'm worried in case they've lost my application!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

Sorry for going off topic but has anyone else noticed that a lot of threads here point very bad customer service on the part of the RSA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭SnoozyS

Filo, I too applied on the 23rd June and have not received any letter from the RSA/SGS to date. I was talking to the RSA almost 3 weeks ago and they said it should be out in 2-3 weeks. I'm going to give them another shout at the end of this week if I dont hear anything so maybe you should too?? Just be warned, it took me a full 2 weeks to actually get through to them on the phone last time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

I'm not the only one waiting so!When they said it'll be out in 2/3 weeks did they mean the acknowledgement letter or the letter with your actual test date?I'll probably start trying to ring them again if I haven't heard anything by Thurs/Fri.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

SnoozyS wrote: »
    it took me a full 2 weeks to actually get through to them on the phone last time :(
    336 hours! :eek: I wouldn't like to see your bill. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭TheElf

I appliead about a week ago. Got my confirmation letter after 2 days, but never got my confirmation email!, It seems like the RSA feel the need to get one thing right, and then make a mess of another to compensate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

got letter
    no date
    2 months

filo87 wrote: »
    I'm not the only one waiting so!When they said it'll be out in 2/3 weeks did they mean the acknowledgement letter or the letter with your actual test date?I'll probably start trying to ring them again if I haven't heard anything by Thurs/Fri.

They told me that i should have a test date out in 2/3 weeks. FYI i didnt get an acknowledgement letter for my previous application tho, just a letter from SGS asking me to ring them for a test date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Caychadh

I applied last week. Upon online application a message came up- 'application confirmed, however due to a glitch in system you won't receive a confirmation e-mail' (I'm paraphrasing) but I had my acknowledgment letter by post after 3 days.

So rang the RSA again today and got a test date :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i got my letter
    to ring up for date

when should i book a date.
    is a month too much? i can drive well but i need to lose some habbits, re-read the book, get some lessons, dont wanna fail

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Hey failed last friday and reapplyed . I gave my old reference number. So I reapplyed on the 25th through the RSA website. I done it with SGS the first time , Will it be with SGS this time aswell?

How long should it take for the letter?? :D

Thanks for that Snoozy.When is your test?And is it with RSA?I'm going to try ringing them again tomorrow as I still haven't heard anything.

Edit: Just got through to them on the phone.Apparently a letter with a test date was posted out this morning.

Did they not give you your date over the phone Filo? Mine is the 2nd Sept in the RSA test centre Tallaght. I've yet to receive my letter but they said they'd resend it on weds so should have it tomorrow.

No,I wasn't told the date over the phone.The guy wasn't exactly helpful though.He just snapped 'Was sent out at 9.15 this morning' and that was it!
    I should have a letter tomorrow if it was actually sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Applied 16th of June, nothing from them yet.

Got my letter at last!Have to contact SGS now to book at date.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Very odd. I got one yesterday too as did my girlfriend. They must have sent out a load of them.

Advertisement