Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forza 2

• 26-07-2008 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭

Just a question about Forza, I'm doing the RWD shootout, I won 2 out of the 3 races and finished 2nd in the third one. At the end of the 3 races it says, well done you've finished second overall?

Do you have to win every race to win the series? I can't find any sort of points system where you can see where you stand overall in the 3-race championship?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Just a question about Forza, I'm doing the RWD shootout, I won 2 out of the 3 races and finished 2nd in the third one. At the end of the 3 races it says, well done you've finished second overall?

Do you have to win every race to win the series? I can't find any sort of points system where you can see where you stand overall in the 3-race championship?

Yea I think you do, I think it counts for total time only I remember coming 1st in a race but actually 2nd because of my time.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Justlikemike

Yeah you gotta win every race to get a gold in each championship. The only exception to this is the Professional series, where points are accumulative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Aha, makes the game even more challenging so. Cheers lads.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

It takes the lowest of your podium finishes and gives you that as overall (afaik).
    So if you get two firsts and a third, you get third place over all.

I was sneaky and deliberately finished third in a series, then reraced the last race and came second (getting the second place bonus) and then reraced and got first for the first place bonus, to give me a big increase in money :)

I have some cracking car designs too, but have yet to find them online even though I have taken some shots and uploaded them...

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

DeVore wrote: »
    It takes the lowest of your podium finishes and gives you that as overall (afaik).
    So if you get two firsts and a third, you get third place over all.

I was sneaky and deliberately finished third in a series, then reraced the last race and came second (getting the second place bonus) and then reraced and got first for the first place bonus, to give me a big increase in money :)

I have some cracking car designs too, but have yet to find them online even though I have taken some shots and uploaded them...

DeV.

Im having some trouble with car designs.... is there a free paint mode where it just gives you a brush and you frr hand it or do you have to use vinyls??? Only got it yesterday.... €15 in GAME

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You have to use the system they give you but there are a lot of vinyls (I didnt realise at the start that you can go left and right to uncover more!). Our first cars (in the BATFLAT :) ) were horrendous compared to some of the designs we're turning out now. I'll try and find some of them to show you guys (though I'm on holidays at the moment so I cant access the xbox to get the really good ones).
    I've probably spent half as much time in the design system as I have racing.

DeV.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Having been there when DeV creates one of his master-pieces, I can safely say that he spends more effort getting his crayons all lined up properly than he does learning how to take corners properly :p

ps: you have to be creative to get over the limitations of the system which force you to paint sides and top and back separately. Also, the same vinyls can be expanded and skewed to give vastly different effects. You can use drop shadow by "stamping" (yellow button???) and then moving the same shape a little north and west and changing its colour.

DeV.

quiet you or I will show them your HotHatch :p

DeV.

You do that! I'll show them you're super ghey "flowers and lines" Enzo :p

• Advertisement

omg!!! You take that back, its a masterpiece! Name the track, time and place you, and its on like king kong!! You, me and Laguna Seca!

DeV.

Ever have a look at the cars for sale? Some unbelievable paint jobs, don't know where or how they get the vinyls. Would be good if you could stick some pictures of your cars up here - might be a good thread if there's enough people painting their rides. Huh, Paint my Ride - surprised MTV haven't made a program outa that yet.

Yeah, when I get home maybe I'll start that thread. Cant seem to get access to my pics on their site (dont have my gamerid login here).

Also, I'm not sure I could post a screenie of our Jewburu without having to ban myself :)

DeV.

It's not really as offensive as Cock Car tbh...

oh yeah.... um, I wasnt even going to go there :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

There was a thread posted back when the game came out with car designs in it. I'd look for it but I'm too lazy right now.

Somebody did an amazing V for Vendetta one and Koneko had a really cool Resi 4 paint job iirc.

edit - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055106598&highlight=forza

Makaveli wrote: »
    There was a thread posted back when the game came out with car designs in it. I'd look for it but I'm too lazy right now.

Somebody did an amazing V for Vendetta one and Koneko had a really cool Resi 4 paint job iirc.

edit - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055106598&highlight=forza

Cool, that was a good thread, shudda been a sticky. Loads of good painstaking goin on. Cheers.

Wow, the V for Vendetta car is amazing! I'll start a thread when I am home for designs, sticky that one and then link to the older one so we can see how far people have come!
    Love the Garda car too, its a scream.

DeV.

Advertisement