Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wrong turn into the Nürburgring?

Options
  • 26-07-2008 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Happened to go onto the Nürburgring Cam there and ehhh I saw not one but 2 buses on the cam :P The bus looks full too? Trying to beat some sort of bus record maybe :D

burbpp0.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Looks like a tour. Wierd

Buses trucks, you name it all sharing the track with insane bikers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭mthd

hmm they're back for another lap

webcam2ww6.jpg

webcam3yx0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

There are bus tours of the Ring.

Iv also seen video of skylines overtaking said busses at massive speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

There are regular bus tours of the 'Ring. Madness. What's the point of touring a race track on a bus? Nothing worse than driving thousands of miles to have your lap time blasted by a bus load of blue rinsed window lickers....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Can't imagine a double decker bus would last very long out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

It aint a racetrack, it's a tolled road...

Plenty of buses use the road as part of tours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

You'll often see buses on the Touristfahren days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Anyone got the link to that site?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

There are regular bus tours of the 'Ring. Madness. What's the point of touring a race track on a bus? Nothing worse than driving thousands of miles to have your lap time blasted by a bus load of blue rinsed window lickers....

While I wouldn't do it, the Nuerburgring has a big historical interest in Germany.
    I can see why someone would like to take a guided tour and get told all the stories and anecdotes that come with every bend and hump.

At least in a tourbus you'd be safer than doing it in your own car ...plus you get the comment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

SteveC wrote: »
    Anyone got the link to that site?

This looks like it

http://www.8200rpm.com/webcam/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Just noticed there are car and bus symbols painted on the right hand lane... :pac:

Gives a new meaning to the term 'bus lane'...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

peasant wrote: »
    I can see why someone would like to take a guided tour and get told all the stories and anecdotes that come with every bend and hump.
    I think it's a great idea, and while you're out enjoying the countryside and the heritage, you might get to see some nice cars.

Advertisement