Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So where does one get started......

Options
  • 26-07-2008 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

I've thrashed out my ideas, done my research and found it EXTREMELY favourable in my intended audience.

And thats it :(

I was looking at the social networking market. Now belive me when I say I know that its saturated (ive been a member of most since they started). However a fantastic idea occured to me, something that makes the phrase "USP" seem feeble.

Im 100% certain that my idea will catapault me straight up the ranks, as neither facebook, bebo, myspace etc have thought of it.

My problem is the execution of the idea. I have earned my own money (have 10,000 to commit) and could get a fair bit of my parents.

However I dont have the technical expertise to get it of the ground and have had trouble sourcing such. Does anyone know where to start and how to go about it?

Can my idea be protected? If the "competition" got hold of it, I would be scuppered before I could start for obvious reasons, yet I cant make a business sucessful if none can avail of it.

Any advice?

Just to confirm, I have thought this through very very carefully already. This isnt some impulsive thought or idea. I have been a member of the "internetz" for nearly a decade now and have seen most of it XD.

Advertisement