Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petminding???

Options
  • 26-07-2008 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

hey dubliners,

i am thinking of starting a petminding service. i am just wondering if there will be many takers..

also i have 2 cats of my own, both indoors. do you think it will be better if i mind the pet in our home or in the owner's house??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Better off minding the animals in their own home although depends on the animal. Cats would be better in their own home as they get upset with change and you don't want to risk them escaping from your home. Unless you can offer the cat a kitty proof room or something.

Garden would have to have 6 foot fencing for dog minding.

Would it be all pets or just cats or dogs, some owners prefer their dog to stay at home and others don't mind if they go to the minders.

You may need insurance (not sure how that works with dogs/cats).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Kitty_mom

Better off minding the animals in their own home although depends on the animal. Cats would be better in their own home as they get upset with change and you don't want to risk them escaping from your home. Unless you can offer the cat a kitty proof room or something.

Garden would have to have 6 foot fencing for dog minding.

Would it be all pets or just cats or dogs, some owners prefer their dog to stay at home and others don't mind if they go to the minders.

You may need insurance (not sure how that works with dogs/cats).

wow.. i didn't know about all this.. thanks for the warning.

i love pets and i love to look after them :D.. i wanted one more kitten in our home but hubby suggested going for the petminding as i would be playing with lot of pets :D

i guess i would opt for minding the pet in their own home.. i love playing with them :)..

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

have you considered fostering for a cat rescue? rescues are always crying out for good foster homes & from your point of view it can be extremely rewarding ;) something important to consider is the effect bringing a strange cat into your home will have on your cats be it a foster or someone else's cat you may be minding...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Kitty_mom

have you considered fostering for a cat rescue? rescues are always crying out for good foster homes & from your point of view it can be extremely rewarding ;) something important to consider is the effect bringing a strange cat into your home will have on your cats be it a foster or someone else's cat you may be minding...

hi tabitha,

i am little bit worried about how will my 2 kitties will take a new cat in our home. they are quite big cats and i also live in a apartments and i don't think it will hold anymore pets. but i would love to take care of pets especially cats and dogs. i am not a big fan of creepy crawlies..

but i don't know how to go about pet minding.. should i advertise or something.. there are nearly 3 dogs in our complex.. all of them small of course..

what should i do???

Advertisement