Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Wexford with kids

• 26-07-2008 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭

Obviously if the weather is like today we will be at the beach but I'm just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for not so sunny weather. After an internet search I have come up with 2 open farms near Rosslare, the Yola Farmstead or Woodstown House. Anyone recommend one over the other? We have been to Johnstown Castle and to the JFK Arboretum but looking for a few more ideas. Any suggestions? Kids are age 4 and 1 if that helps.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

There is the Dunbrody ship in New Ross, and I think a famine museum in Enniscorthy. You could also go up vinegar hill.

I think the Hook is brilliant when its not so sunny and when its windy!

If its wet, there is bowling.... or the new cinema I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

also at the quay there are boat rides available (up towards the information centre there is a booth where you can purchase tickets - can't miss it as there are life jackets hanging up all around it!) .....of course you could pop into the tourist centre for other ideas as well!

swimming indoors another alternative (several hotels allow non guests to use facilities)
    walking around curracloe (either the beach or the woods which is fantastic) - you can take the 'woods' walk and make a first path left and you end up at the beach combining both
    crazy golf (well at least for 3 of you!) - quality hotel has an 18 hole crazy course you can walk up and play (you hire club and ball) -they also have a pool there guests can use I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Thanks guys. We ended up going back to Johnstown Castle due to popular demand!

Advertisement