Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CZ.223

Options
  • 26-07-2008 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

hello all,now a question for all you rifle men and women out there,what are your views on the CZ .223 rifle,i am in the process of buying one and would love to know what you think,
    Thanks.
    D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

hello earthmover i only have a CZ 452 .22 rinfire:( but their are a lot of
    ladies and gentleman here that can ans your que steve:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 earthmover

Thanks Steve,i own a CZ.22 rimfire at the moment,its not bad for the bunnies at 100 or so yards,but for the reds out a bit further its not as good,so a CZ.223 with a bit more fire power would suit me.
    D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

earthmover wrote: »
    Thanks Steve,i own a CZ.22 rimfire at the moment,its not bad for the bunnies at 100 or so yards,but for the reds out a bit further its not as good,so a CZ.223 with a bit more fire power would suit me.
    D.

well there are no bunny in mayo but a lot of foxs
    a 223 is the man for the job :Dsteve

yes i have to agree with you there Steve,i was in castlebar last weekend and from Dublin to Castlebar while driving i think i seen three bunnys ,and on a good sunny warm day which is was there was very little to be seen.
    D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

The cz .223's are very well thought of.Cz never made a bad one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭monksavage

I recently bought a CZ 527 in .223. I got the Excellent model version with the walnut wood stock and checkpiece, lustre polished metal, jewelled bolt and floating barrel. They are a nice rifle and very well balanced compared to the cheaper Savage alternatives and such. I bought this over a Rem 700 in .223 which I know is a highly regarded rifle but I just prefered the classic look of the CZ and you get fixed sights (front one is adjustable for elevation) and a removable mag.
    Although I am still only breaking in this rifle I cannot fault it in any way and would definitly reccomend it as a top class .223.

By the way what price is on the CZ your looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Just put in an application for a CZ 527 LUX there last week, will be paying 700 euro for it. If they are anything like the 452 I will be well happy. Nice light rifle to. From what iv heard and seen they are a workhorse of a rifle and very accurate out of the box. What model are you looking at ???

monksavage..the CZ.223 LUX i have put a deposit of is costing me 750 euro.as this is the first .223 i am getting i am looking forward to it,tell us have you got good distance out of it and what ammo do you use for it,mine will be only used for fox so i want something that can take him the out at 150 + yards,
    Riflehunter77,
    its the same as your CZ.223 LUX model.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

My son has a CZ 223 lux and found that he needed to try many different types of ammo until he found one that shot well from his gun. Remingtons were not the best but Hornaday VMax 50g and Federal VShok (not sure of the weight) were very good.

Going foxing tonight, charging the battery now.
    Start your engines.
    Lightforce 170
    lights on

Can you hear me calling.........:D:D

earthmover wrote: »
    monksavage..the CZ.223 LUX i have put a deposit of is costing me 750 euro.as this is the first .223 i am getting i am looking forward to it,tell us have you got good distance out of it and what ammo do you use for it,mine will be only used for fox so i want something that can take him the out at 150 + yards,
    Riflehunter77,
    its the same as your CZ.223 LUX model.

Yeah that seems to be the going rate for these guns. I havent had a chance to test it at intermediate distances yet as im waiting on a scope and bi-pod. The guy in the shop i bought it threw in a box of 20 American Eagle 50 GR. Flat Base Hollow Points which he recommended for foxing (think he just gave me those ones coz they were cheap). I just bought some boxes of American Eagle 55 GR. FMJ`s for targets with the fixed sights. They were E10.95 for 20 and the Hollow Points I think were E13.00.

I think you will be happy enought with the rifle, very nice gun to shoot and very little recoil.
    Just be prepared for the muzzle report! Im going to have to get a sound mod for mine as it drives the horses round the fields!

• Advertisement

Son got a T8 fitted by John Greene in Waterford at around €280. Realy takes the sting out of the report.

clivej wrote: »
    Son got a T8 fitted by John Greene in Waterford at around €280. Realy takes the sting out of the report.[/Q

Is that price with the T8 included? Who is John Greene? I bought my CZ from the Angling and outdoor Center in Waterford. Id be interested in getting a T8 fitted to my own.

monksavage wrote: »
    Son got a T8 fitted by John Greene in Waterford at around €280. Realy takes the sting out of the report.[/Q

Is that price with the T8 included? Who is John Greene? I bought my CZ from the Angling and outdoor Center in Waterford. Id be interested in getting a T8 fitted to my own.

Yes includes T8 @ around €280 -€300 ish. T4 for the same money fitted.
    John is a good gunsmith, do a search for the phone nimber. Your jaw will drop when you see what he has and he can do to a gun.

monksavage wrote: »

Yes includes T8 @ around €280 -€300 ish. T4 for the same money fitted.
    John is a good gunsmith, do a search for the phone nimber. Your jaw will drop when you see what he has and he can do to a gun.

Just after finding his number there, cheers for the info. Will be giving him a call in the next few days.

monksavage,thats not bad for the 50 and 55gr,what distance have you tried it at so far,i have read a bit about th CZ.223 and they tell you that at 100 yards she is about 1 1/2 inches over the point of aim and something the same at 200 yards but bang on target at 250 yards,so i just was wondering had you got many long shots with your,and what did you think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

CZ rifles are like the other flagship of modern Czech engineering: Skoda cars. You'lll be very hard pressed to find similar quality for the same money anywhere else.

Advertisement