Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fish Pond Filter

Options
  • 26-07-2008 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the Hozelock Bioforce 3000 filter is any good? My outdoor pond is 1500L and is very green and dirty, so I am wondering if this would clean it up for me?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 serratus

Hi, really depends on what your keeping??? goldfish/koi or both.
    PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

serratus wrote: »
    Hi, really depends on what your keeping??? goldfish/koi or both.
    PM sent

Thanks Serratus, I think both. It is a pond that was in a house when I moved in, so not sure what the fish are. Think I'll take my chances and go ahead and buy that filter, unless anyone else has suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 serratus

The Bioforce 3000 will not be big enough for koi longterm, fine for goldfish in a 1500l (depending on what pump you have/get), as the koi grow they will need a bigger pond and filter at least 5000l+ pond is reccommended for koi THEY ARE NOT GOLDFISH, far from it, they are more sensitive to water params. and put a bigger bioload on filter systems. My advise is if you go and get that filter also please get a test kit for Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate and PH and at least in theory if you keep water conditions good you should be ok for a while!!!!

Advertisement