Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Reg E. Cathey from The Wire also expressed interest in being Fair City - I remember reading that somewhere... wouldn't be a bad move to boost ratings by getting an ex-Corrie star and a well known actor from The Wire on board...

The last time they took on an ex corrie star was Ringo. That didnt really do a lot for ratings. Although Ciaran was no Curly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Was thinking, the same as Malachy.

Why dont RTE do something different, and have some character instead in finishing their studies or comin out of the priesthood, going into the seminary to study to be a priest. A few months back there was reports that the biggest number of men entered the two seminaries on the Island of Irealnd for a long number of years, which goes to show that religion might not be the thing of the past that some people think it is.

I really like this idea, Tom, and if any of the writers are reading I hope they consider it. These days, a young character receiving a vocation would be an astonishing upset for their friends and family.

Who do we think would be best? My first thought was Sean, because he's such a good little actor. But maybe Doug would be even better. I could see a great relationship with Art as his mentor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I had a dream last night again about Fair City :eek: I dreamt I was at a Fair City party and Rebecca (Annette) was really drunk and I had to try and hold her up and offered to walk her home and then I had a fight with Tony (Paul) and said he wanted to get her drunk on purpose and I was laying into him. I woke up and was like :eek::D:eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

I really like this idea, Tom, and if any of the writers are reading I hope they consider it. These days, a young character receiving a vocation would be an astonishing upset for their friends and family.

Who do we think would be best? My first thought was Sean, because he's such a good little actor. But maybe Doug would be even better. I could see a great relationship with Art as his mentor.

It would certainly be a somewhat different storyline; one that I cant remember being done by any soap that I watch. The only time I can remember something similiar was in Home and Away years ago when Damien decided to become a priest; and was never seen since.

Dont like Father Art though, he's always seemed somewhat too forward for my liking.

Epicurus wrote: »
    It would certainly be a somewhat different storyline; one that I cant remember being done by any soap that I watch. The only time I can remember something similiar was in Home and Away years ago when Damien decided to become a priest; and was never seen since.

Dont like Father Art though, he's always seemed somewhat too forward for my liking.

He has a faltering awkwardness about him that I find appealing. I can't decide whether it's the actor, or a clever piece of characterisation, but it works for me. I would pick him with Doug for the contrast. If it was Mark, I would go for the dark-haired working class priest, who is also pretty good.

Strange, in a way, that a soap in 2009 has two priest characters, and two who used to be priests.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Script writers or RTE can contact me and i will give them my address to forward the cheque. LOL.

Epicurus wrote: »

Fr. Art is played a bit wooden to my liking. Maybe the Archbishop of Dublin could make some dicosian appointments and give the people of Carraigstown a more down to earth, more modern thinking priest.

While i dont expect the people of Carrigstown to become all holy over night, a new priestr in the area who would become a regular in the soap might do alot to show people in general that not all young people are bad. To me there is a feeling a lot of older people think that their is no good in the youth of today. Maybe a new priest could hear some bad or false things be said about the youth, and he goes about it by giving a hard hiting sermon the following weekend at mass where he could list the possitives about the youth, and maybe get some of them on his side by getting some voluntary community work done in the area, maybe painting the local school or something.

I thought they would have Fr Art doing the christening of baby Jane instead of someone different :eek: better set Fair city recording today. Have to watch X Factor instead on Sundays!! :D

angel01 wrote: »
    I thought they would have Fr Art doing the christening of baby Jane instead of someone different :eek: better set Fair city recording today. Have to watch X Factor instead on Sundays!! :D

they have a habit of chopping and changing the priests we see in Fair City. I think they think we wont notice.

Come on jedward.

• Advertisement

Deise Tom wrote: »
    they have a habit of chopping and changing the priests we see in Fair City. I think they think we wont notice.

Come on jedward.

God I hate them :mad::mad:

I suppose the trial is happening next week, I think I will record the episodes and fast forward the trial bits. Boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I suppose the trial is happening next week, I think I will record the episodes and fast forward the trial bits. Boring.

What? Trials are often the best parts in any soap... apart from deaths of course...

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

The trial looks like it will be really good. Looking forward to it. :)

I couldn't care less if Brendan killed Floyd and couldn't care less if he wanted him dead after the Heather thing, i don't care if Christy lies on the witness stand or what Renee says. i find it tiresome and boring :(:(

I couldn't care less if Brendan killed Floyd and couldn't care less if he wanted him dead after the Heather thing, i don't care if Christy lies on the witness stand or what Renee says. i find it tiresome and boring :(:(

Brendan is miraculously uninteresting, isn't he? You would think that a doctor with a history of drug abuse, who nearly killed Leo and did kill his wife's lover, would set the screen alight. In reality, he would have difficulty setting a petrol-soaked fire-log alight.

Why is he so boring? Is it the actor? Is it the way he's written? There's really no excuse for it. If a soap can't wring some excitement out of murder and adultery, you'd have to question its fundamental abilities.

What does anyone think the problem is? I'm at a loss.

Brendan is miraculously uninteresting, isn't he? You would think that a doctor with a history of drug abuse, who nearly killed Leo and did kill his wife's lover, would set the screen alight. In reality, he would have difficulty setting a petrol-soaked fire-log alight.

Why is he so boring? Is it the actor? Is it the way he's written? There's really no excuse for it. If a soap can't wring some excitement out of murder and adultery, you'd have to question its fundamental abilities.

What does anyone think the problem is? I'm at a loss.

I think its a bit of both to be honest. I find him so blooming boring, all he seems to do is storm out of the room all the time and pull tantrums all the time. Its no blooming wonder, Heather went off with Floyd.

I have no interest at all in this trial. Just wish I could press fast forward. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Eddie_1980

I can't wait to see Renee lash out at Carol in a minute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Renee dumped!!! RESULT!

The drink thrown up in her face lol!!!

I'm looking foward to the trial. Fair City os coming on great where the drama is concerned.

Eddie_1980 wrote: »
    The drink thrown up in her face lol!!!

I'm looking foward to the trial. Fair City os coming on great where the drama is concerned.

Was hoping itd be a hot drink :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

Sorry if I'm disrupting the thread. But I've only started watching Fair City in recent months. One thing that's really puzzling me is who is Heather's mother? Is it Renee? Could someone just give a quick explanation of who Floyd's parents are, who Heather's parents are, and if that doesn't make it obvious, could you also tell me how their whole thing was weird? I'd really appreciate it cos it's wrecking my head. :)

number10a wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm disrupting the thread. But I've only started watching Fair City in recent months. One thing that's really puzzling me is who is Heather's mother? Is it Renee? Could someone just give a quick explanation of who Floyd's parents are, who Heather's parents are, and if that doesn't make it obvious, could you also tell me how their whole thing was weird? I'd really appreciate it cos it's wrecking my head. :)

Renee is heathers mam but gave her up for adoption years back, christy is not her da. Christy and renee are floyds parents. Heather then sought out birth mam renee an was getting to know her but in the meanwhile had met floyd an had a thing with him both unknown to each other that they had the same ma. Then Renee got the family together to met long lost daughter Heather.................que horror and shock on both heather and floyd. So they stopped seeing each other but they was like mots to the flame and despite moving country an what not still kept coming back to each other :) I leave out anything??

Yes! I watched it with four people, and if I had a euro for every time someone said "I wish it was boiling!".... She really is a terrible pain in this story.

The good news, though, is that Christy and Carol are becoming a stronger and stronger couple. In a way, tonight was the first time I really saw them as a solid item. They have a long future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

Renee is heathers mam but gave her up for adoption years back, christy is not her da. Christy and renee are floyds parents. Heather then sought out birth mam renee an was getting to know her but in the meanwhile had met floyd an had a thing with him both unknown to each other that they had the same ma. Then Renee got the family together to met long lost daughter Heather.................que horror and shock on both heather and floyd. So they stopped seeing each other but they was like mots to the flame and despite moving country an what not still kept coming back to each other :) I leave out anything??

That covers everything!! Thanks a million. I could never figure it out cos Heather always calls Renee by her name.

number10a wrote: »
    That covers everything!! Thanks a million.

No worries :)

ps Renee is a bitch :D Thats the most important bit ;)

I'm loving the screaming matches between Carol and Renee. To be honest, I was expecting slaps to be thrown in the shop when Renee confronted Carol.

I'm loving the screaming matches between Carol and Renee. To be honest, I was expecting slaps to be thrown in the shop when Renee confronted Carol.

Oh slaps would a made it!!

Whens Renee goina take off her halloween mask though :D??

Yes, I hope we'll have hurleys at dawn before long. But I can't see Renee lasting more than a minute. Carol is still tough, but Renee thinks she's Lady Foxrock now because she got off with a publican.

Oh slaps would a made it!!

Whens Renee goina take off her halloween mask though :D??

It would have been brilliant. I was expecting Carol to slap her.

A thing I noticed tonight. Seamus's phone got through to the message bank and then Sarah in a second lol. Always the way in soaps!

• Advertisement

So long, Renee. Don't let the door hit you on your squeaky over-acting ass on the way out.

Very good episode. I'm looking forward to the trial now. I think Bob could really go for Renee. I can see him leaping right out of the witness box and smacking her whiny face.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement