Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

Brendan is such a great character. Has been through so much yet still stands by his wife. And who did Floyd turn to in his greatest moment of need? Brendan.

angel01 wrote: »
    I think its a bit of both to be honest. I find him so blooming boring, all he seems to do is storm out of the room all the time and pull tantrums all the time. Its no blooming wonder, Heather went off with Floyd.

I have no interest at all in this trial. Just wish I could press fast forward. :rolleyes:
    You make it sound :rolleyes: like Heather "went off" with just any bloke - she "went off" with her own half-brother. I think that stands out just a little bit more than your average affair.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Good stuff tonight... Should be a Cleo & Robert storyline going on this week as well as the court case... both were on set the week the court case was being filmed (that's the week I was in chatting to the cast) - unless they're at the court case, but why would they be?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

Good stuff tonight... Should be a Cleo & Robert storyline going on this week as well as the court case... both were on set the week the court case was being filmed (that's the week I was in chatting to the cast) - unless they're at the court case, but why would they be?

Just came in to check out the thread after the X-Factor debacle. Loads of fun and drame so for the first time I don't feel guilty for missing FC ;). Just to answer your question, Robert is a cousin of Brendan (I think). He's some relation anyway and because of his condition (again I'm not sure but think it's aspergers) let the cat out of the bag in the Hungry Pig to Dolores and Cleo about Brendan's role in Floyd's death. Discreet is not a word in Robert's dictionary. IIRC Heather whacked him when she found out and kicked him out of the happy home :D How on earth is poor Eleanor going to grow up normal with all this backstory? I'd imagine he's attending court not to give support but rather to make sure justice is done as he has very rigid views on right and wrong. I do love Robert though.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

BTW, what did I miss tonight? Did Bob have much screen time?

• Advertisement

Is this a starter for 10..:D

Eyespy wrote: »
    A good episode, Eyespy, but many posters here don't seem to even watch FC at all. So don't worry.:D

Eyespy wrote: »

There was a good bit going on - yeah Bob had a good bit of screentime. Worth watching on the RTÉ player.

Cris Jones wrote: »
    Is this a starter for 10..:D

I don't know what that means? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

You make it sound :rolleyes: like Heather "went off" with just any bloke - she "went off" with her own half-brother. I think that stands out just a little bit more than your average affair.;)

I couldn't care less if it was the local blooming priest she went off with. it is boring and yawnsome and nothing but nothing will interest me in this bore of a trial.

Renee got what she deserved. Well done Bob. I am also finding Carol irritating with these annoying faces and put on accent, it is being too forced and fake.

God I hate this whole trial. Brendan would send you to sleep and constantly just moans and gives out about crap and is never happy. Heather is a nag and Renee is like a mouse these days. Give me blooming Bob any day over that lot.

Oh and Poor Fr Art didn't even get the funeral to do, it was all done off camera and pretty shabby for where Annette is concerned, they could at least have given her a good send off and a funeral but instead didn't bother with it. Bad move Fair City. :mad:

• Advertisement

number10a wrote: »
    That covers everything!! Thanks a million. I could never figure it out cos Heather always calls Renee by her name.

I am adopted and my adoptive mother is the person that I call mum and I would call my birth mother by her name. Quite normal.

I guess that means no Louie either that week. :( I don't care less about those two either. I probably won't bother watching :(:(

First it was Curly wanting a role in Fair City, now Fiz from Corrie wants a guest appearance in Fair City!! You can also watch her appearance in the cafe in the below link.

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/1109/faircity.html

In the interview, it also said:

LM: I've heard that you were very keen to visit the 'Fair City' set during your visit to RTÉ. Did you get to wander around Carrigstown?
    JM: I just went over. I did more than that. I've had my photograph taken at the McCoys set. This won't really work for our Internet listeners but I'll show you the photograph anyway (Takes out her mobile phone and proudly displays a picture of herself at McCoys). I just went round. I went round everywhere. And we saw The Hungry Pig. I was very impressed. I've got to tell you, I was very impressed with the set. I think it may be slightly better than the 'Corrie' set. McCoys, it's bigger than The Rovers. It's easier to film in, I imagine, McCoys than The Rovers. It's much bigger. I'm liking it. I'm preferring it. That's terrible. I'm going to get the sack!

LM: Never mind, I'm sure Fiz could move to 'Fair City' and do some scenes in Carrigstown? Would you like a cameo?
    JM: Aw yeah. I'd love it. I'd love a little cameo... walk-on... I want a guest-lead.

LM: What do you fancy? A fight-scene?
    JM: A fight-scene, yeah. Have you got the equivalent of Sally Webster in 'Fair City'? I'll have a fight with her.

LM: You're in the middle of filming for the Christmas episodes at the minute, can you share any little secrets with us?
    JM: Yeah, same as 'Fair City', we're in the middle of filming all our Christmas episodes, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Eddie_1980

Looking foward to the trial this week. High drama all the way!

Eddie_1980 wrote: »
    Looking foward to the trial this week. High drama all the way!

Well thankfully
    brendan runs away haha, hopefully he will take nagface and co with him

This week:

0002bc9b-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 181

Tuesday November 10th

It is d-day for the Dalys as Brendans trial opens.
    Christy asks Renee to leave due to their difference of opinions.
    Deegan takes to the stand.

0002bc9e-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 182

Wendesday November 11th 2009

Carol prepares Christy for his cross examination.
    Bob tries to support Renee, but she tells him where to go.
    Sarah tries to dig up the dirt as Robert tells it like it is.

0002bcb0-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 183

Thursday November 12th

Bob has some home truths for Mrs. Daly.
    Christy and Renee make the front pages, much to Carols disgust.
    Heather takes to the stand, will her answers sink or save her husband?

0002bca4-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 184

Sunday November 15th

Has Heather landed her husband in it?
    Carol extends the olive branch to Renee.
    Brendan changes his mind suddenly, which shocks his barrister.

Alice: DEEGAN IS BACK!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

What's Brendan holding up to Heather's face - a magic wand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Great pics!! God I hate Heather!!

Oh and Poor Fr Art didn't even get the funeral to do, it was all done off camera and pretty shabby for where Annette is concerned, they could at least have given her a good send off and a funeral but instead didn't bother with it. Bad move Fair City. :mad:

I agree, Annette should have had an on-screen funeral.

deelite wrote: »
    I think it's a paper knife. Wouldn't want it held up to mine whatever it is and Brendan looks really :mad: angry. If the courtroom gets to hear about this it wouldn't help his case!

• Advertisement

I thought it was the least she deserved, it was like they could not bother to give her a proper ending, they never showed her coming out of the building, id'ing her, or even a funeral. It was like they thought, we have killed her & bill off. story over. :mad::mad::mad:

I think it's a paper knife. Wouldn't want it held up to mine whatever it is and Brendan looks really :mad: angry. If the courtroom gets to hear about this it wouldn't help his case!

I thought it was one of his doctors tools or something :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

deelite wrote: »

brendanpotter.jpg

If they really are writing out loads of characters, maybe they've stopped doing funerals. Otherwise they'd have one every couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Podginho

Whats this i hear about Fiz or the actress from corry making a camio??? bring back mondo!!!

If they really are writing out loads of characters, maybe they've stopped doing funerals. Otherwise they'd have one every couple of weeks.

She isn't a blooming extra or a part time character. She was on the show 14 years for heavens sake. She was a big character. If bloody Niamh or Paul passed on, we would have had a Fair city week mourning I bet :rolleyes::mad:
    Podginho wrote: »
    Whats this i hear about Fiz or the actress from corry making a camio??? bring back mondo!!!

oh no I hated him.. I think she was probably saying it for a laugh more than anything.

"Stay away from the nail polish, and stay away from me!"

bobfingerz.jpg

(PS, I know I'm rubbish at photoshop. Are there any experts out there? A weekly image pile-up could be just hilarious.)

She isn't a blooming extra or a part time character. She was on the show 14 years for heavens sake. She was a big character. If bloody Niamh or Paul passed on, we would have had a Fair city week mourning I bet

Fair point. They should have scattered her ashes or something. If Paul dies, we will presumably have a whole week given over to the funeral, with home movies of himself as a lad, and a big ice-sculpture of his finest moments melting slowly in the winter sunshine.

He's a great actor, though. You have to admit that much, even if you find the character boring.

I agree with you on Mondo. He was an awful eejit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

She isn't a blooming extra or a part time character. She was on the show 14 years for heavens sake. She was a big character. If bloody Niamh or Paul passed on, we would have had a Fair city week mourning I bet :rolleyes::mad:

oh no I hated him.. I think she was probably saying it for a laugh more than anything.

oh god +1000 I hated Mondo!! Also yea why the hell are we not having Annettes funeral??? tHEY made enough of a meal of Ginas bloody death and now Annettes been murdered and we get nothing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Soooo looking forward to the trial cos Deeeeeegan is taking the stand.

I can leer in comfort!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement