Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Fair point. They should have scattered her ashes or something. If Paul dies, we will presumably have a whole week given over to the funeral, with home movies of himself as a lad, and a big ice-sculpture of his finest moments melting slowly in the winter sunshine.

He's a great actor, though. You have to admit that much, even if you find the character boring.

I agree with you on Mondo. He was an awful eejit.

I just feel strongly about it, they treated her death so shabbily. They built it up for so long, had the fire and then thats it. gone.

I think Paul is a good actor but I just feel that Annette (Rebecca) was treated badly in the end. They just cut her completely off and did it all off screen. I wanted to see how Seamus & Barry acted at the funeral.
    oh god +1000 I hated Mondo!! Also yea why the hell are we not having Annettes funeral??? tHEY made enough of a meal of Ginas bloody death and now Annettes been murdered and we get nothing!

Mondo was beyond pointless, I hate that wife/girlfriend and the kid. oh god no. I hated hated hated them!! Gina who wasn't as big or as important a character as Annette got treated blooming better. I am writing a complaint tomorrow :o :mad:

Alice1 wrote: »
    Soooo looking forward to the trial cos Deeeeeegan is taking the stand.

I can leer in comfort!

I knew you would be happy :D. Still no sign of Louie, I am hoping next week will be his return.. aargh... :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

deelite wrote: »
    What's Brendan holding up to Heather's face - a magic wand?

No, its a laser to permanently remove the ronnie:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

I'm ignorant, I know, but what's a Ronnie?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

A "ronnie" is a moustache

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Sorry 'ronnie' is a Dublin expression- Should have called a spade a spade or a moustache a moustache !

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

angel01 wrote: »
    It was like they thought, we have killed her & bill off. story over. :mad::mad::mad:

You're right. Annette was a liked character and I agree too that if it had been :rolleyes: Paul Brennan or somebody else the show thinks we really like, we would have had a screen funeral, at least.
    Barry and Seamus grieved for her but they agreed to not drag her name down any more by bringing up what really happened, i.e. that Bill was really responsible, and fair enough, in a way, that part of the story worked, as Bill died too and didn't get away with it. But because Bill died (and we never heard who claimed him or where was he buried or was he taken back to America or :confused:) and his storyline was tied up, I suppose they tied up the ends of Annette's story too by Barry and Seamus being the only people who really knew her.
    And let's face it, if Annette had had a screen funeral, Niamh would only have showed up slapping people in the face or throwing their drink over them...;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Annette wasn't on the show for 14 years was she? If she was I only remember her from the last few years - don't remember her being around in the days of Harry Molloy...

Annette wasn't on the show for 14 years was she? If she was I only remember her from the last few years - don't remember her being around in the days of Harry Molloy...

Sorry she was in the show 13 years.

Annette Daly (Rebecca Smith, 1996–2009) Annette, a recovering alcoholic, is the local solicitor and currently engaged to Barry O'Hanlon. She had a one night stand with Barry's boss, Seamus McAleer.In late October Annette is killed in a fire which shocks the town.Her partner Bill who was also involved in the fire also dies in hospital after he confesses that he kept Annette and Seamus McAlleer captive before starting the fire.

I'm ignorant, I know, but what's a Ronnie?

I never heard of that either :eek:

• Advertisement

On another note, i saw spoilers for next week and still no sign of Louie :mad::mad: Tracey is back though and that bloody annoying Kylie :( Cass is also back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

On another note, i saw spoilers for next week and still no sign of Louie :mad::mad: Tracey is back though and that bloody annoying Kylie :( Cass is also back!

Where do you get your info Angel01?? You never cease to amaze me!!
    Tracey is back?? YAY!! Any sign of Leo and Dean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

I thought they would have Fr Art doing the christening of baby Jane instead of someone different :eek: better set Fair city recording today. Have to watch X Factor instead on Sundays!! :D

Is Jane getting christened now; did Dolores change her mind then, she was dead set against it.
    First it was Curly wanting a role in Fair City, now Fiz from Corrie wants a guest appearance in Fair City!! You can also watch her appearance in the cafe in the below link.

Fiz Brown Stape..why would we want her?

Moany annoying bitch and wife of jailbird....we've got Heather for that role.

Farrah Phelan didn't come to the trial then..but then she didn't come when Floyd was sick or when he died, either! All soap operas do this - leaving out characters who played a part before but who are missing when a big event happens.
    Still, it is a good story. Good episode. Bob is the star of the show at the minute.

Cris Jones wrote: »
    Farrah Phelan didn't come to the trial then..but then she didn't come when Floyd was sick or when he died, either! All soap operas do this - leaving out characters who played a part before but who are missing when a big event happens.
    Still, it is a good story. Good episode. Bob is the star of the show at the minute.

So many people played the role of Farrah they didnt know which one to ask back. She didnt come back for Eunices funeral either.

I know they are partners now but was still surprised to see Carol sitting with Christy in the courtroom. I thought she would have stayed away seen as it was she who reported Brendan to Deegan in the first place.

Epicurus wrote: »
    So many people played the role of Farrah they didnt know which one to ask back. She didnt come back for Eunices funeral either.

I know they are partners now but was still surprised to see Carol sitting with Christy in the courtroom. I thought she would have stayed away seen as it was she who reported Brendan to Deegan in the first place.

Carol isn't shy. And Floyd has been played by at least two different actors before.

Cris Jones wrote: »
    Carol isn't shy.

Putting it mildly :D

Wayne Molloy is coming back. I hope it's the good one. When he came back once for a couple of weeks he was six inches taller and looked (and acted) like a model.

I'm enjoying the trial so far. It's quite strange that the barristers are married. Who cares?

I agree with Cris that Bob is the star at the moment. It gets a little lift every time he's on screen. Christy is also doing well, I think - and baby Eleanor played a blinder last night. Eyes half-closed, voice low and faded. She's the best actor in that family anyway.

What a far fetched trial :eek: with brendan and renee trying to go for him, that was ridiculous.. the room looked nothing like a courtroom I thought and Heather... aargh I want to slap her over and over..:mad:

Nice to see Deegan back though...eh Alice ;) just thought it was all so far fetched.. well played Bob again though :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Just wondering about the Photographers outside the court house at the start of the trial. Surely they would have more professional camara's. The ones they were using were a bit like what anyone would use for their own personal use.

• Advertisement

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Just wondering about the Photographers outside the court house at the start of the trial. Surely they would have more professional camara's. The ones they were using were a bit like what anyone would use for their own personal use.

None of it was realistic for me. Sarah with the notepad or whatever she had pretending to write down stuff. So far fetched :D

They should recall Turlough for his statement, that would make me laugh! :D:D

None of it was realistic for me. Sarah with the notepad or whatever she had pretending to write down stuff. So far fetched :D

They should recall Turlough for his statement, that would make me laugh! :D:D

If they do that then Bob will kill him...is another murder trial what you really want angel :D

If they do that then Bob will kill him...is another murder trial what you really want angel :D

Could you imagine Bob's face :eek::eek:

For all you Dean fans.. you can ask him a question next!

Would you like to know what Deans favourite dish is?

Next month we will be putting your questions to Michael Sheehan who plays Dean Dowling.
    This is your opportunity to find out what ingredients are needed to play Dean.
    E-mail your questions to faircity@rte.ie with the subject line Michael Sheehan interview.
    We'll select the best questions and put them to him.
    The deadline for questions is Saturday December 12th.

Dean Dowling is a ladies man. His most famous affair was with Sandie, Leos second wife. Hes been around the world and back again, sampling dishes from Mexico to Melbourne.
    Has Deans stroke of luck with the ladies run out, now that he has met Kylie. Will he settle down or will his eyes keep wandering?

For all you Dean fans.. you can ask him a question next!

Would you like to know what Deans favourite dish is?

Next month we will be putting your questions to Michael Sheehan who plays Dean Dowling.
    This is your opportunity to find out what ingredients are needed to play Dean.
    E-mail your questions to faircity@rte.ie with the subject line Michael Sheehan interview.
    We'll select the best questions and put them to him.
    The deadline for questions is Saturday December 12th.

Dean Dowling is a ladies man. His most famous affair was with Sandie, Leos second wife. Hes been around the world and back again, sampling dishes from Mexico to Melbourne.
    Has Deans stroke of luck with the ladies run out, now that he has met Kylie. Will he settle down or will his eyes keep wandering?
    Has Deans stroke of luck with the ladies run out now that he has met Kylie

:D your words or theirs. pretty apt though

Has Deans stroke of luck with the ladies run out now that he has met Kylie

:D your words or theirs. pretty apt though

Lol it was theirs :D I am not bothered that much with asking him any questions..:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Im really liking Bob now that he dumped Renee :)

Im really liking Bob now that he dumped Renee :)

He is a brilliant character. I adore him. (though I hasten to add not as much as Louie :p )

Jedward's odds at an appearance on Fair City:

14/1 To appear on Fair City

:D

• Advertisement

He is a brilliant character. I adore him. (though I hasten to add not as much as Louie :p )

I think we should see a lot more of them together. There is great potential for rivalry, and they are probably the two most entertainingly devious people in Carrigstown.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement