Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I think we should see a lot more of them together. There is great potential for rivalry, and they are probably the two most entertainingly devious people in Carrigstown.

There is, both characters like to make money and to see a good plan come off :) I was laughing away when I saw Renee (otherwise known as from on to me Miss Mouse :D) lunging at Brendan.. I thought for heavens sake... I am going to kill youuuuuuuuuu :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

angel01 wrote: »
    None of it was realistic for me. Sarah with the notepad or whatever she had pretending to write down stuff. So far fetched :D

They should recall Turlough for his statement, that would make me laugh! :D:D

Dont think you can go on what these fellows that can communicate with the dead say. How many people believe in that sort of thing? It is so easy at times to see when a person like Renee was at one stage and to tell her what she wants to hear. These people are very clever and prey on every word they hear and read, and then communicate it to someone at the right time. If I was a judge, i would not allow such things go on in my court. Its like on Judge Judy every evening. How many times in each programme does she say she does not want to go on hear say and stops people in their tracks as soon as they say so-and-so said.

He is a brilliant character. I adore him. (though I hasten to add not as much as Louie :p )

I think the fact that Brian Murray is such a brilliant actor (Unlike many of the others on Fair City) is what makes most people like him, even if the character is not such a nice person.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    I think the fact that Brian Murray is such a brilliant actor (Unlike many of the others on Fair City) is what makes most people like him, even if the character is not such a nice person.

I actually like his character, he offers so much and I have always liked his role. though saying that when I look at him, I remember Trevor Jordache and that patio :eek::eek::eek:

Jedward's odds at an appearance on Fair City:

14/1 To appear on Fair City

:D

I'm sure they would be as good as some of the others that guested in it. They may not be able to sing, but they can entertain. Would be far better than John Kenny whose character was a pointless one, who departed as soon as he arrived. What made me laugh is that everyone knew him so quickly.

• Advertisement

I actually like his character, he offers so much and I have always liked his role. though saying that when I look at him, I remember Trevor Jordache and that patio :eek::eek::eek:

Never watched Brookside all that much but remember him from The Irish RM

I'm sure they would be as good as some of the others that guested in it. They may not be able to sing, but they can entertain. Would be far better than John Kenny whose character was a pointless one, who departed as soon as he arrived. What made me laugh is that everyone knew him so quickly.

I thought the most pointless one was Ringo a la Keith Duffy. what was the bloody point of him. Pointless, useless and really stupid.

Never watched Brookside all that much but remember him from The Irish RM

That was some storyline in Brookside, he really captivated me in that role. I remember the trial after that as well in the soap. :eek:

I thought the most pointless one was Ringo a la Keith Duffy. what was the bloody point of him. Pointless, useless and really stupid.

I dont know why such people are brought into the soaps. It must be some sort of a ratings thing.

I dont know why such people are brought into the soaps. It must be some sort of a ratings thing.

No doubt but I want to see characters that have some purpose and he had zero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Wasn't that just before Boyzone got back together? Just bad timing, I'd say. It's not their fault the world has an insatiable appetite for musical gruel.

That doesn't cover Crazy Chester, however. I thought he should become a regular. He's one character they could rotate very easily, too, if they didn't want him there 52 weeks a year or if he wasn't available. He always has the perfect excuse of being on tour.

They should bring him back and stick him with Keith for a few laughs. That's a character that has gradually disappeared into the background. It's like they're writing him out so slowly they hope nobody notices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Well he did have some purpose now to be fair. Una had to written out for a while and if Ringo hadnt been around, I doubt she'd have gone to Africa.

I'd be in the same boat.

Wasn't that just before Boyzone got back together? Just bad timing, I'd say. It's not their fault the world has an insatiable appetite for musical gruel.

That doesn't cover Crazy Chester, however. I thought he should become a regular. He's one character they could rotate very easily, too, if they didn't want him there 52 weeks a year or if he wasn't available. He always has the perfect excuse of being on tour.

They should bring him back and stick him with Keith for a few laughs. That's a character that has gradually disappeared into the background. It's like they're writing him out so slowly they hope nobody notices.

He basically came out and said it wasn't the right move for him and he ruled out going back so I vote useless character.Crazy Chester was beyond stupid. Get rid and keep rid.:eek:

Epicurus wrote: »
    Well he did have some purpose now to be fair. Una had to written out for a while and if Ringo hadnt been around, I doubt she'd have gone to Africa.

She would have gone somewhere else or just dissapeared just like Suzanne did when she was pregnant. Come to think of it, the whole Doyle gang have vanished now anyway :rolleyes::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

She would have gone somewhere else or just dissapeared just like Suzanne did when she was pregnant. Come to think of it, the whole Doyle gang have vanished now anyway :rolleyes::eek:

They should bring back some of the others with new actors and give them more interesting personalities. :D There's Darren, Louise, Jimmy... that it? The Doyle family is in absolute ruins, hard to believe it used to be the center of everything.

Hopefully Una's coming back soon?? Her and Keith need to get back together because Keith's floating around pointlessly atm. They should start building their empire, I really like the idea of them ruling a house full of kids, could be hilarious :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

oh yeah, they seem to have abandoned the story about yvonne being pregnant and the who's the daddy plot

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

sam34 wrote: »
    oh yeah, they seem to have abandoned the story about yvonne being pregnant and the who's the daddy plot

They could have it like Heather in Eastenders! All the Paul/Louie stuff could be a red herring and it could somehow be linked to Connie in a weird sci-fi turnaround :eek: And Crazy Chester was in the hotel that night too, that could give him more of a purpose.

I love how serious Bob is on the witness stand :D He was brilliant on the witness stand. Here is Miss Mouse... squeak squeak...

Heather looks like she has a big bump again :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

I love how serious Bob is on the witness stand :D He was brilliant on the witness stand. Here is Miss Mouse... squeak squeak...

Isn't he the bomb? And so earnest at the end "I wouldn't". Bob, Christy and Carol are really shining tonight. Heather is definitely Renee's daughter, a selfish mare.

Ah, poor Christy :(

Eyespy wrote: »
    Isn't he the bomb? And so earnest at the end "I wouldn't". Bob, Christy and Carol are really shining tonight. Heather is definitely Renee's daughter, a selfish mare.

Definately. Heather & Renee are so selfish :(

Christy made me :(:(

Definately. Heather & Renee are so selfish :(

Christy made me :(:(

I know, he's unreal at the moment. What a brilliant actor!

Hand over that bloody letter Heather! :mad:

I have to proclaim I just adore Bob, he was hilarious there with Deegan :D:D:D:D

I have to proclaim I just adore Bob, he was hilarious there with Deegan :D:D:D:D

I know, he gets straight to the point doesn't he? Both he and Christy were outstanding tonight. Poor Robert though, have to say his statement will make the trial more interesting. Renee did some damage to the prosecution with hers though, going on about the seance like that :eek:.

Bring BACK Turlough, can you imagine him on the stand? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

that female barrister defending Brendan is a bad actress. Smug and overbearing.

the solicitor seems to have lost his voice.

Heather is hot.

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Heather is hot.

Has been with years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Christy's testimony gave me goosebumps tonight... great acting there...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement