Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Epicurus wrote: »
    Meant Keith or Ringos daughter. We never found out who the father was. I cant remember who the mother was.

Ah right. Get ya now. Didn't watch the show when that storyline was going on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

angel01 wrote: »
    It can depend really, I watch Neighbours and I am sick of seeing the same people as they have a small cast. Most soaps suffer the same fate as Fair City. In Eastenders for instance, Bianca, Zainab, Whitney haven't featured so much lately. In a soap, you usually get a major big story and they run with it. Louie, Connie, Yvonne, Bela, Suzanne have all featured for quite a long time and they probably could do with the break. Its the nature of a soap, you can't be guaranteed to feature all the time. People would get bored of you. [though this somehow does not appear to affect the gruesome twosome (paul & niamh) aargh]

Also on Eastenders, they now have a rule of how many characters can have a speaking part per episode, I never want Fair City to get that bad :( I also presume as the FC actors/actresses do not earn as much as their UK counterparts, they will also have other projects e.g. theatre work for instance to balance with.

Emmerdale and Coronation Street seem to have a nice blend of characters in and out. Naturally some will be in alot for certain story lines, like Kevin and Molly for their affair, and i am sure that Sally will join them shortly when she tells then she has cancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Ok, I updated the list with what you guys said... keeping the kids in though Angel - I think they count...
    Still need confirmation on Cliodhna and Gloria (I have no idea who they are).
    I put Rita in for the main cast even though I know she's not actually appearing in it... but the character is still there...
    And I put Una in even though she isn't back yet.
    Anyone know the name of the "other priest" that Meeja mentioned?
    Also, should we add Stephen to the list?

Cliodhna and Gloria both gone.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Emmerdale and Coronation Street seem to have a nice blend of characters in and out. Naturally some will be in alot for certain story lines, like Kevin and Molly for their affair, and i am sure that Sally will join them shortly when she tells then she has cancer.

I hate both of those soaps :D:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

I hate both of those soaps :D:eek:

I love them, The best by a mile, Never care if i miss Fair City or not, Its much better than Eastenders which is total Crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Hey, just noticed both Annette and Brendan have the surname Daly, were they related at all?? Don't think so, but...

Meller wrote: »
    Hey, just noticed both Annette and Brendan have the surname Daly, were they related at all?? Don't think so, but...

No they aren't related.
    Deise Tom wrote: »
    I love them, The best by a mile, Never care if i miss Fair City or not, Its much better than Eastenders which is total Crap.

I kinda thought you might think that :p I can't miss Fair City, I am hooked. I like Eastenders too :D

Yet again Clelia graces us with her presence :rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/kathryn-welcomes-new-faces-to-jetset-1940495.html

All Heather thinks about is the money... oh shut up Sarah :mad:

How dare Heather :mad: Well said Bob.. he was so right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I think her hairstyle is awful, makes her look a bit chubby :eek:

chubby is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

Leave it to Bob to lay it out straight. Heather is becoming very unlikeable. And poor Carol

Oh shut up Sarah! Bob could call me honey or baby whenever he wants :D

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    chubby is good.

If you say so :p
    Eyespy wrote: »
    Leave it to Bob to lay it out straight. Heather is becoming very unlikeable. And poor Carol

Very unlikeable. Carol was just trying to help :( Bob says it like it is :D

Heather is making it worse :eek:

Heather is making it worse :eek:

I know, and you can just see Brendan's world came crashing down around him when Heather answered no. The poor unfortunate.

I know, and you can just see Brendan's world came crashing down around him when Heather answered no. The poor unfortunate.

I feel really sorry for him and beginning to hate her especially when she used the words "kill him", poor Brendan.

Oh Brendan :eek:, you just did more damage than any other witness. Heather, you mare! Leave Carol alone.

Renee, put the cleavage away :eek:

Wow.. well played Brendan :eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Have to say, for the most part and excluding Christy and that useless Robert (seriously who thought it would be interesting to make Roy Cropper a young man?), the acting for the first time ever has been decent in Fair City. The promo for the next ep looks good too. Too bad this acting that is just about watchable can't be said about most of the cast. :P

• Advertisement

"You've done such harm", very insightful Renee.

And Heather "You told me you done it for me!" Seriously, how big is her ego? I've gone from loving characters to hating them to loving them again and it's unusual for a soap to make a character so unlikable. It's usually just before they make an undignified exit of some sort and the only one that springs to mind is Mike whose untimely demise brought the arrival of the lucious Louis :D. Is Heather leaving FC in the near future perhaps?

"You've done such harm", very insightful Renee.

And Heather "You told me you done it for me!" Seriously, how big is her ego? I've gone from loving characters to hating them to loving them again and it's unusual for a soap to make a character so unlikable. It's usually just before they make an undignified exit of some sort and the only one that springs to mind is Mike whose untimely demise brought the arrival of the lucious Louis :D. Is Heather leaving FC in the near future perhaps?

there are advantages to losing a character, just look at poor Mike who is propping up the cast in Ros na Run :D:D Heather is making herself so hated, its unreal, only in it for the money and not caring what happens to Brendan, sure she already thinks he is going to prison :mad:
    I think Heather, Brendan & Eleanor are leaving ... on the run me thinks

there are advantages to losing a character, just look at poor Mike who is propping up the cast in Ros na Run :D:D Heather is making herself so hated, its unreal, only in it for the money and not caring what happens to Brendan, sure she already thinks he is going to prison :mad:
    I think Heather, Brendan & Eleanor are leaving ... on the run me thinks
    Really?? So if it follows traditional soaps standards(Home and Away springs to mind),
    the Daly family are gone for the forseeable future ie the next 4 years?
    That's a huge pity. As I've mentioned before I think Brendan is a splendid supporting character. I do think Heather did a fantastic job in the weeks up to Floyd's death but her character is imo only, a bit redundant. The scenes with herself and Jo, especially around St. Patricks Day were gas but there really isn't a place there for her anymore. Although absence does make the heart grow fonder so who knows? I will be glad though when Brendan resurfaces. I think he'll look terrific without the snazzy suits and bit of stubble :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Oh, for the LOVE of ******* ****, RTE, can you not manage to broadcast the show within FIVE MOTHER****ING ****-BRAINED MINUTES of the advertised time?

At least once a week now I miss the most vital part of the programme because the SKy Box recorder runs out. What brain-damaged chimp is pressing play in there? How can they get it so wrong so regularly?

RTE bosses, here's a suggestion. Fire someone crap. Hire someone good. Simple, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

I feel really sorry for him and beginning to hate her especially when she used the words "kill him", poor Brendan.

She said that :eek:. What happened in the trial tonight; i missed it over the rain :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Oh, for the LOVE of ******* ****, RTE, can you not manage to broadcast the show within FIVE MOTHER****ING ****-BRAINED MINUTES of the advertised time?

At least once a week now I miss the most vital part of the programme because the SKy Box recorder runs out. What brain-damaged chimp is pressing play in there? How can they get it so wrong so regularly?

RTE bosses, here's a suggestion. Fire someone crap. Hire someone good. Simple, no?

I feel your pain, but for once my Sky Box got the whole episode... good ending as well... I wish they would sort that out though...

Anyway, in regards to the episode itself - I think it was great again... Brendan actually got more likeable as the episode went on and Heather grew even less likeable, which I didn't think was possible. The scene in the kitchen at the end was very well done though - I was hoping Brendan would actually do it though - that would've been interesting and gotten rid of Heather at the same time.

RTE player for you then :p maybe do what I do record the 10 mins before and the 10 mins afterwards.. BBC are much worse at that then RTE in all fairness..

Epicurus wrote: »
    She said that :eek:. What happened in the trial tonight; i missed it over the rain :mad:

Heather had to take the stand and she basically made out that Brendan killed Floyd and used those words, there was a big confrontation with Brendan at home and to be honest I can't blame him, she really made things so bad for him :( Bob told her a few home truths and he was trying to get money out of Sarah for an interview and Heather is re-releasing her book for cash :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

ARRRGH!! The rte player is so frustrating!! It keeps crashing. Just saw the first half of last night. Bob gets some great lines!!

• Advertisement

JaneyP wrote: »
    ARRRGH!! The rte player is so frustrating!! It keeps crashing. Just saw the first half of last night. Bob gets some great lines!!

Click report the problem on the clip, that normally sorts it out or email player@rte.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement