Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

angel01 wrote: »
    RTE player for you then :p

In fairness, they got that one right. I love the Player. I noticed that Fair City is at the top of the list this morning too.

It's a good episode, I feel, even if some of it is a little stagey. Heather's evidence was a great twist. "He killed Floyd for me-e-e-e-e-eeee!" She is so vain it almost amounts to an illness.

The funniest thing is those two barristers. When they have their cosy marrried chats it looks as if they are passing through from another programme entirely. What next? Stephen turns to the camera and does a monologue from Hamlet?

But that run of numbered points from the prosecutor was a devastating piece of writing. Brendan hadn't a chance after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

In fairness, they got that one right. I love the Player. I noticed that Fair City is at the top of the list this morning too.

It's a good episode, I feel, even if some of it is a little stagey. Heather's evidence was a great twist. "He killed Floyd for me-e-e-e-e-eeee!" She is so vain it almost amounts to an illness.

The funniest thing is those two barristers. When they have their cosy marrried chats it looks as if they are passing through from another programme entirely. What next? Stephen turns to the camera and does a monologue from Hamlet?

But that run of numbered points from the prosecutor was a devastating piece of writing. Brendan hadn't a chance after that.

I have actually got in to this trial now :o I find parts of it was OTT but it is fun. Heather really killed him on that witness stand. I really felt for Brendan, when he has his head in his hands. When did Heather become so horrible as a character to watch and so all about me...

I find the barristers quite amusing to watch :D

Though I remember when I did jury service, my legs went like jelly when I entered the courtroom :eek:

I love the RTE player too, very handy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Heather had to take the stand and she basically made out that Brendan killed Floyd and used those words, there was a big confrontation with Brendan at home and to be honest I can't blame him, she really made things so bad for him :( Bob told her a few home truths and he was trying to get money out of Sarah for an interview and Heather is re-releasing her book for cash :(

Cheers for that angel. Another couple of weeks and I should be back in Ireland and able to see it on the RTE player. So annoying only being able to see it at the time it's broadcast.

Epicurus wrote: »
    Cheers for that angel. Another couple of weeks and I should be back in Ireland and able to see it on the RTE player. So annoying only being able to see it at the time it's broadcast.

I know we take it for granted. *cough* irish proxy *cough* :p:D

I know we take it for granted. *cough* irish proxy *cough* :p:D

Nasty cough there angel :D Not worth the proxy, am home in a couple of weeks.

• Advertisement

Nasty cough there angel :D Not worth the proxy, am home in a couple of weeks.

Are you in college in England?

Are you in college in England?

I'll PM you that in a few mins

I'll PM you that in a few mins

ok cool. I am getting impatient for this Heather interview. Still not up on the FC website :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

What was the title of Heather's book? Its been been bugging me for ages (well, since the latest competition went up on the RTE site... :D)

Shakyfan wrote: »
    What was the title of Heather's book? Its been been bugging me for ages (well, since the latest competition went up on the RTE site... :D)

The Good Sister. She mentioned it last night.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Renee, put the cleavage away :eek:

A little does no harm, if it belongs to the right person.

lol

Oh, for the LOVE of ******* ****, RTE, can you not manage to broadcast the show within FIVE MOTHER****ING ****-BRAINED MINUTES of the advertised time?

At least once a week now I miss the most vital part of the programme because the SKy Box recorder runs out. What brain-damaged chimp is pressing play in there? How can they get it so wrong so regularly?

RTE bosses, here's a suggestion. Fire someone crap. Hire someone good. Simple, no?

Snap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sandwichboard

JaneyP wrote: »
    Where do you get your info Angel01?? You never cease to amaze me!!

Yeah, Angel01, where do you get your spoilers from?

Just back from hols, watching the last 2 weeks on player - great stuff!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sandwichboard

Actually on my digital recorder, not player, obviously!:cool:

I usually get them either online or from magazines :D

Welcome back :)

Deise Tom wrote: »
    A little does no harm, if it belongs to the right person.

lol

Somehow I think Ren isn't that person :D

Somehow I think Ren isn't that person :D

When a fellow is hungry, there's nothing to stop him looking at the menu. LOL

When a fellow is hungry, there's nothing to stop him looking at the menu. LOL

Desperation eh :p

I wonder when Una will come back? surely after christmas now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

My sky box cut off the snippets for sunday :(:(

fill me in peeps please?

My sky box cut off the snippets for sunday :(:(

fill me in peeps please?

Last Sunday? Its probably still on the RTE player: http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1059609

1 day left to watch :)

• Advertisement

Last Sunday? Its probably still on the RTE player: http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1059609

Your a star Angel! Thanks a mil. Your a 1 woman stop for fair city ;)

Desperation eh :p

I wonder when Una will come back? surely after christmas now.

In a word....................

Maybe.

I thought you had 21 days to watch things on there.

I thought you had 21 days to watch things on there.

Looks like you do, it says 12 hours left but it should say 12 days, must be a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Some frequent programs, like soaps and current affairs, are only there for 7 days.

From player website "Soap fans can catch up with all the drama in Fair City, Eastenders and Home and Away for seven days after they have aired. Or if you have missed any of your favourite entertainment shows, the Late Late Show, Tubridy Tonight, Podge & Rodge, and Brides of Franc among others will be available for 21 days after broadcast."

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/0421/rteplayer.html

Some frequent programs, like soaps and current affairs, are only there for 7 days.

From player website "Soap fans can catch up with all the drama in Fair City, Eastenders and Home and Away for seven days after they have aired. Or if you have missed any of your favourite entertainment shows, the Late Late Show, Tubridy Tonight, Podge & Rodge, and Brides of Franc among others will be available for 21 days after broadcast."

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/0421/rteplayer.html

Thanks. Why do they do that? :confused:

Thanks. Why do they do that? :confused:

I'd say they have different agreements with the various unions. Actors Equity are famously thorny about digital rights, and probably had to be dunked in the jacks to concede even seven days.

God I fcuking HATE Sarah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

Another good episode tonight, and another great performance from Christy. Little Ellie was good too, as was Renee.

There was one ridiculous moment, however. We cut to a scee where Brendan is glugging down a big mug of tea. Renee looks at him and says "Drinking won't help!"

Did she mean the physical act of ingesting a liquid? Or did the director not bother reading the script before he decided what the props were?

My money is in the latter. Clowns.

• Advertisement

Another good episode tonight, and another great performance from Christy. Little Ellie was good too, as was Renee.

There was one ridiculous moment, however. We cut to a scee where Brendan is glugging down a big mug of tea. Renee looks at him and says "Drinking won't help!"

Did she mean the physical act of ingesting a liquid? Or did the director not bother reading the script before he decided what the props were?

My money is in the latter. Clowns.

lol I assume she meant about him being in the pub boozing all day :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement