Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Epicurus wrote: »
    RTE are definitely going all out to lower their audience for Fair City. Not content with taking the option of catching up in the coming days on the RTE player away from us; also gone is the option of watching it live on their website as it it broadcast. on rte.ie/live. Thats my only chance of watching Fair City over for the foresable future anyway :mad:

I think it must be to do with advertising revenue. :( I am not happy at all :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

angel01 wrote: »
    Awww speaking of little Eleanor, the actress who plays her won an award :D

http://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/Talented-little-Kilcullen-actress-scoops.5832508.jp

I dont mean to be mean, but to call the actress that plays Eleanor talented is a bit of a joke. If she is talented, then God only knows what words they would have to come up with if it was Simon from Coronation Street was getting an award.

RTE are definitely going all out to lower their audience for Fair City. Not content with taking the option of catching up in the coming days on the RTE player away from us; also gone is the option of watching it live on their website as it it broadcast. on rte.ie/live. Thats my only chance of watching Fair City over for the foresable future anyway :mad:

Slingbox might be the only way?

Deise Tom wrote: »
    I dont mean to be mean, but to call the actress that plays Eleanor talented is a bit of a joke. If she is talented, then God only knows what words they would have to come up with if it was Simon from Coronation Street was getting an award.

I think that is very harsh. I think she is a very talented young actress. For heavens sake, she is 6 years of age. Give her a bloody chance.

Simon is rubbish in corrie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

If it was Simon from Coronation street getting an award it would be the Inside Soap best newcomer award
    I think that is very harsh. I think she is a very talented young actress. For heavens sake, she is 6 years of age. Give her a bloody chance.

Simon is rubbish in corrie.

I agree she is good but you cant say Simon is rubbish particularly when you have said before tha you dont watch the programme. He puts the rest of them to shame at times.

• Advertisement

If it was Simon from Coronation street getting an award it would be the Inside Soap best newcomer award

That is voted by the public, not a panel?

Next you will be saying Rachel is a bad actress. She is 6 years of age, and rarely has got speaking parts but when she has, she has done really well.

Just out of interest, who did I say was a bad young actress the last time?

I don't know, I don't remember every single post everyone makes.

Then you wouldnt mind not saying stuff like this if you cant remember what i said previous
    Next you will be saying Rachel is a bad actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Now now people - less of this arguing.

Now now people - less of this arguing.

Of course.. if anyone likes Mondo (god help us..) he is appearing in panto..

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/budget/news/look-out---theres-a-giant-about-1946483.html

• Advertisement

Of course.. if anyone likes Mondo (god help us..) he is appearing in panto..

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/budget/news/look-out---theres-a-giant-about-1946483.html

Mondo is a legend. They should bring him back.

Mondo is a legend. They should bring him back.

Can't abide him or the girlfriend. I hated him :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

It's a strange decision alright. But the fact that it wasn't available outside Ireland was also pretty weird, when there are so many Irish people living abroad. There will probably be thousands more in the coming years, and cutting them off like that seems shortsighted and cruel. Granted they aren't paying licence fees, but being the national broadcaster should be about more than money.

It's a strange decision alright. But the fact that it wasn't available outside Ireland was also pretty weird, when there are so many Irish people living abroad. There will probably be thousands more in the coming years, and cutting them off like that seems shortsighted and cruel. Granted they aren't paying licence fees, but being the national broadcaster should be about more than money.

Yeah but the BBC don't let people watch their iplayer outside of the UK either so fair is fair. Same with ITV.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

It has nothing to do with money it depends on the production companies that hold the rights to programmes and whether they are happy for them to be reshown etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

God I fckuin hate Dean:mad: Hes such a little effin mouth, Defo did not miss the git. Love that Leo`s back though:)

God I fckuin hate Dean:mad: Hes such a little effin mouth, Defo did not miss the git. Love that Leo`s back though:)

Aww I actually like Dean. Leo is a class act. I adore him.

I agree she is good but you cant say Simon is rubbish particularly when you have said before tha you dont watch the programme. He puts the rest of them to shame at times.

Ya, i agree, the young lad is a brilliant actor.

Is it Brendan's last scene tonight?

Aww I actually like Dean. Leo is a class act. I adore him.

I can never get Leo. I dont think he comes across as a good actor. Kinda gives me the impression he's reading his lines at times. And as for the waving of his hands, i cant stand when people do that. Why do people on TV especially have to be moving their hands to speak.

• Advertisement

Is it Brendan's last scene tonight?

For a while anyway, i guess

I can never get Leo. I dont think he comes across as a good actor. Kinda gives me the impression he's reading his lines at times. And as for the waving of his hands, i cant stand when people do that. Why do people on TV especially have to be moving their hands to speak.

I love him, he is brilliant. Classic character. words can't describe how much I love him :D:D

Did you mind when the ex president Mary Robinson did it :D

I love him, he is brilliant. Classic character. words can't describe how much I love him :D:D

Did you mind when the ex president Mary Robinson did it :D

I hate it, when anybody moves there hands to speak. Women are far worse than the men, especially on british tv. Sorry ladies.

I said i would put moving their hands into my answer because if i used the words that you used, i might get other visions, that i dont want right now. lol.

I hate it, when anybody moves there hands to speak. Women are far worse than the men, especially on british tv. Sorry ladies.

I said i would put moving their hands into my answer because if i used the words that you used, i might get other visions, that i dont want right now. lol.

I don't see the issue myself.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Lads does Renee have any others clothes than that green dress?? Serially shes wearing it since she came back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

It must be Fair City policy to have at least one laughably woejious bad actor on the books!! Catriona and Maureen seem to have gone. ENTER AVI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!! My god he is so wooden!!
    Leo tonight with Sean was great

I actually don't care if Sean learns how to drive or not... unless the storyline results in him being in an accident and killed off of the show...

I actually don't care if Sean learns how to drive or not... unless the storyline results in him being in an accident and killed off of the show...

I like Sean, he is a sweet character.

Was a pretty good episode, poor Brendan :(

myxi wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with money it depends on the production companies that hold the rights to programmes and whether they are happy for them to be reshown etc.

You're right. There are probably complexities involved that hadn't occurred to me. I think showing Irish stuff all around the wolds is a good aspiration, however. We are a pretty widespread nation.

It might even spark a demand that would enable RTE to sell them to broadcasters.

There may be rights issues, certainly, but they can't be insurmountable.

• Advertisement

MaryCat! wrote: »
    It must be Fair City policy to have at least one laughably woejious bad actor on the books!! Catriona and Maureen seem to have gone. ENTER AVI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!! My god he is so wooden!!
    Leo tonight with Sean was great

I didn't mind Avi, apart from the fact that he is annoyingly good-looking. I'd say it often takes people a few episodes to get the hang of it.

Leo is a great father-figure, isn't he? It's also very believable that Sean would be so freaked about anything medical, less that a year after his mother's death.

I loved Deegan last night interrogating Eleanor. "I'm just making conversation!"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement