Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Interesting quasi-spoiler on the Afternoon Show yesterday. They said that Dean will be prevented from breaking up with Kylie by
    a death in her family. They gave very strong hints that it is Dominic, saying that it was someone we had seen giving Tracey a hard time. I don't think that fits for anyone else.
    It's a pity about the character. He had a lot of good stories. I have mixed feelings about the actor. He did look genuinely scary, but he did an awful lot of huffing and eye-rolling too.
    I think because he wouldn't do the rape story, Fair City just wanted to get rid of him, it is a shame because I did like him, him & his sandwiches :D

Thanks.

deelite wrote: »
    I'm struggling believing that Tracey hasn't mentioned her "love life" to Carol.

What annoys me is they have hardly shown Carol & Tracey together since they brought Tracey back. Carol has gone out of it again and this tedious dean storyline is sending me to sleep.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

Angel can I ask why are you always posting spoilers? its very annoying

nellie07 wrote: »

sorry thats meant for meeja
    sorry angel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Interesting quasi-spoiler on the Afternoon Show yesterday. They said that Dean will be prevented from breaking up with Kylie by
    a death in her family. They gave very strong hints that it is Dominic, saying that it was someone we had seen giving Tracey a hard time. I don't think that fits for anyone else.
    It's a pity about the character. He had a lot of good stories. I have mixed feelings about the actor. He did look genuinely scary, but he did an awful lot of huffing and eye-rolling too.

He might have had a lot of good stories, but by God, he was not a good actor.

• Advertisement

angel01 wrote: »
    I think because he wouldn't do the rape story, Fair City just wanted to get rid of him, it is a shame because I did like him, him & his sandwiches :D

Thanks.

Who is or was to be raped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Why is it it annoying? Aren't they blocked by spoiler tags?

While I don't think it's true to say that I am "always posting spoilers", by the way, I do applaud the people who post the weekly previews. I think they're doing a valuable service for the board. Nobody has to read them if they don't want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Is it the same actress playing Lara or another?

its a bit hard not to read them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

its a bit hard not to read them.

That comes down to yourself nellie... you may not want to see spoiers, but there are plenty of others like myself who enjoy it and applaud those who find and post the spoilers.
    The spoilers are tagged clearly and you don't have to read them... if you can't stop yourself from doing so, I suggest not reading this thread anymore...

• Advertisement

s

My apologies all, I now realise that you have to click to see the spoilers, I thought that someone was just blocking them as they went along. spoil away now!! I wont be reading them thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Who is or was to be raped.
    Dominic was supposed to rape Tracey but he refused to act the scenes. He has young children in school and felt that it wasn't appropriate for them to see their dad on tv in that type of storyline (which is understandable). It caused a lot of trouble for scripts to be rewrote and then he refused to act the rewrote scripts so it was toodles to him!

I post spoilers as well, I find it interesting to know of upcoming stories, most websites do it, I usually put them in a spoiler tag so for those that don't want to read, don't have to.

The weekly preview with pictures I will stop posting, sorry :o

Ah you have figured it out! :)

JP Liz wrote: »
    Is it the same actress playing Lara or another?

It is the same one.

myxi wrote: »
    Dominic was supposed to rape Tracey but he refused to act the scenes. He has young children in school and felt that it wasn't appropriate for them to see their dad on tv in that type of storyline (which is understandable). It caused a lot of trouble for scripts to be rewrote and then he refused to act the rewrote scripts so it was toodles to him!

I agreed with his viewpoint and well done to him for standing up for his beliefs.

Just read this in the Herald:

'Who's the Daddy?' will be the question on everybody's mind this Christmas in Carrigstown.

Scheming minx Yvonne Doyle is pregnant -- and the baby's father could be Paul Brennan or old flame Louie. And, not surprisingly, this is not going down too well with her lesbian fiancee Connie.

Confused? Well you should be, but Paul's wife Niamh appears to be on the ball with her bid to get Yvonne to forge the child's birth certificate.

As viewers are well aware, Paul and Niamh have been trying for a baby, but IVF treatment has so far proved to be unsuccessful. This has led to difficult times for the couple, and a "weak moment" for Paul, who bedded Yvonne while Niamh was away last September.

While Louie is aware of their torrid fling, Niamh isn't. This Christmas will see Paul and Niamh celebrate the first anniversary of their wedding. However, the couple are both preoccupied with staking a claim on Yvonne's unborn child. And to make matters more complicated, Louie tells Yvonne over Christmas that he is prepared to take the legal route if necessary, and prove paternity of the baby.

Not surprisingly, this is having a negative effect on Yvonne's relationship with Connie, who will be pining for a return home to Oz. Viewers know that Yvonne already has a son -- and that he was taken into care while she was living in Australia. Meanwhile, Niamh continues in her quest to convince Yvonne to falsify the certificate, while Paul continues to stall her.

angel the previews with the pictures are great!! now that I know the spoilers have to be consciously accessed Im fine!!

thanks!!

angel the previews with the pictures are great!! now that I know the spoilers have to be consciously accessed Im fine!!

thanks!!

Ah okay :) that's ok then :) I must try and think up some interesting questions to ask Dean for the fair city website thing :o

What's Zumo's connection to Jane?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Lara left Jane with Zumo when she took off. Zumo then took Jane to Dolores.

Epicurus wrote: »
    Lara left Jane with Zumo when she took off. Zumo then took Jane to Dolores.

Ok, so what's Lara's relationship to Zumo? Sorry bout all the questions... I wasn't watching the show when Lara was originally in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Ok, so what's Lara's relationship to Zumo? Sorry bout all the questions... I wasn't watching the show when Lara was originally in it.

When Lara moved in with Dolores; Ursula didnt like her as she had broken into her home once; so Lara moved in with Malachy and Christy. After Christy accused her of theft; she took off and met up with Zumo who she knew from when she was on drugs and breaking into places. She ended up living with him. I dont think he is the father of Jane though; I think thats Terrence; he who killed Lana Dowling

Father I think, if not an uncle.

Zomo's granny goes on about been a grandchild to the child. I am sure she means a great grandmother however

Epicurus wrote: »
    When Lara moved in with Dolores; Ursula didnt like her as she had broken into her home once; so Lara moved in with Malachy and Christy. After Christy accused her of theft; she took off and met up with Zumo who she knew from when she was on drugs and breaking into places. She ended up living with him. I dont think he is the father of Jane though; I think thats Terrence; he who killed Lana Dowling

Ya you are right, because he had aids if i remember right and Lara was afraid the baby would have it as well or maybe picked it up herself.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Ya you are right, because he had aids if i remember right and Lara was afraid the baby would have it as well or maybe picked it up herself.

I think it's the fact that Zumo was going out with her when she was pregnant that makes him feel paternal towards the child. Malachy also feels responsible, because he let Terence take Lara out of the hostel, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see fireworks between them. (My money's on Zumo.)

angel01 wrote: »
    I agreed with his viewpoint and well done to him for standing up for his beliefs.

Yes, it sounds like he had courage, doesn't it? It can't be easy to walk away from a job in such an insecure profession.

I'm glad they didn't just throw a new actor into the role. It would have felt a bit unfair.

Yes, it sounds like he had courage, doesn't it? It can't be easy to walk away from a job in such an insecure profession.

I'm glad they didn't just throw a new actor into the role. It would have felt a bit unfair.

Definately. I guess he knew when he refused, that Fair City wouldn't keep him on. It is a shame, they didn't give him a chance. I agree with you, seeing another actor in the role would have been wrong.

Would Fair City get away showing rape before the Watershed of 9pm. If they were going to do it, I think it should be in a series of one off shows later in the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

How does Louie know about Paul and Yvonne's one nighter?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement